Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New members

Hey everyone....

As the user name implies, we are the husband and wife team known as Chuck and Tammy Burkey. Ron Davis told me about this site and I love it so far.

We are transplants to California, originally from Colorado. I have been wheelin' since I was 12, and the first 4x4 I drove was a Jeep Wagoneer.

My first vehicle was a fullsize bronco, and I still have one. It is locked fore and aft and rides on 36" swampers.

The wife (Tammy) supplies one of the three critical W's of jeep ownership: WANT. I supply the other two: WALLET and WRENCHES. She decides what she wants on the jeep, it is my job to make it happen.

Her jeep is a 1990 YJ with the 258 and AX 15. The 258 has a solid rep in the 4x4 community, but I was unaware of the problems with the BBD. That was a painful learning experience.

It has a 4" suspension lift, two inches of body lift, and rides on 35" BFG MT's. We had it painted black pearl metalic last summer, so she is not in any hurry to scratch the new paint.

Future upgrades to include an 8.8 swap and a rear bumper that will support a 35" spare.

She is willing to wheel on any trail that can be done with open diffs and won't scratch the paint. If I can bring my truck, I will wheel on any trail I can try. Body damage is not a concern to me. I think I have the only fullsize to make it thru the keyhole on kelly's flats..... Of course, the bronco is a little narrower now, and I think the keyhole is a little wider....

-Chuck

Welcome aboard, are you heading to TDS?
    Sarah
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Welcome and hope to see you on the trails soon
      '06 Unlimited Rubicon

Comment

Welcome aboard Chuck and Tammy, nice to see some more Yuccians on the site
        Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Welcome!
          Donate Life - Be a tissue, organ and blood donor

Comment

Welcome aboard. Another wife and hubby team!! Here we have King4wd (the hubby) and king4wd2 (wife) ME!
            1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
            Glad to be back in California!

Comment

No plans for TDS this year. Probably the next organized run we will attend is the high desert round up. Hopefully will upgrade to an 8.8 by then, I am a little nervous about the d35 with the 35" tires.

My bronco is currently in pieces again, getting a fresh coat of krylon luv. I need to quit wrenching on hers and put mine back together.....

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Comment

welcome to MJR!
                >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Wlecome to the board

glad you found it!
                  Not In The Office Look For Me on The Trail's!
                  It's a "Jeep Thing" you just wouldn't understand ....

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Michael
                    1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport
                    3" Rough Country Lift

Comment

Originally posted by ChucknTammy
                      Probably the next organized run we will attend is the high desert round up.

That's our next organized run. We'll see you there if you come.
                      1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
                      Glad to be back in California!

Comment

Welcome...The three W's thats funny.

Comment

Working...
                        X