Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new member with jeep

hey everybody, i'm just a newbie from SoCal that bought a TJ. My rig is pretty stock except for some new ProComp Xterrains and some recovery gear, but I will be looking to get into wheeling and upgrading as soon as possible (AKA spending lots of money i really dont have).

Not sure if this forum is for me (if you all have seriously built-up rigs), but if anyone is out there that wants to do some "beginner" wheeling in or out of the area let me know. My goal is to actually learn the delicate skills of off-roading and explore the great outdoors in the same hand. Unfortunately I wil need to stick to "easy" trails until both my driving and rig are up to the challenge of more difficult terrain.

I'm always looking for an adventure, or an excuse to take a day off from work, so please let me know if this is a good place for me to be hanging out. Cheers.
    03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Welcome aboard and congrats on the new Jeep! You've found a great place to get started - there's all kinds of knowledge and cheap parts flying around here.

Keep an eye on the trail runs forum and feel free to join in on anything that meets your skill level. So far we have a good group going out to Stoddard Valley in January for a cleanup ... all rig levels welcome ... here is the thread.

Sarah
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by maddmike
      Not sure if this forum is for me (if you all have seriously built-up rigs), but if anyone is out there that wants to do some "beginner" wheeling in or out of the area let me know. My goal is to actually learn the delicate skills of off-roading and explore the great outdoors in the same hand. Unfortunately I wil need to stick to "easy" trails until both my driving and rig are up to the challenge of more difficult terrain.
      This is the right place and you bought the right vehicle. You'd be amazed at what your stock vehicle can do. Just go with experienced people and they'll gladly show you the ropes.

Most offroaders I know love the great outdoors too. Sometimes offroaders have a reputation as trashing and destroying it. But definitely not the people in this group.

Dave

Comment

Weclome aboard and dont worry your rig will be built hard core before you know it. When I got mine I just wanted to do the service roads in Joshua Tree National Park now.... I NEED big rocks!

Even those of use with built rigs still like to do the "easy" stuff because its all about being outdoors sometimes.
        Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

welcome to mjr.
          there are trail runs of all types started on this board. we like runs from mild to wild. we also like to take time to give back to the great outdoors by participating in trail clean ups, and adopting a trail or two.
          keep an eye out in the trail runs section for runs various members plan. i'm sure something that meets your skill level will pop up.. or, feel free to planone yourself, and see if others would like to join you.
          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Michael
            1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport
            3" Rough Country Lift

Comment

Welcome aboard!

I _think_ i might be able to suggest a trail or two
              Jeff
              OHV76V
              KG6TY
              You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Hey Mike,

I joined up here not too long ago after buying a new TJ myself. So far it's stock except for the 31" tires.

I did an adopt-a-trail clean up run with the group back in Oct. and they're a great bunch of people. Friendly, helpfull and fun to hang out with.

Although you may have to put up with the "It's so cute when they're small" and "Oh, look how little it is" ribbing now and again... I remind myself they're only talking about my Jeep and I can laugh along with them. heh heh

I'm in the same boat as you so come out to a run. If things look like they'll get too tricky, we can sit back and watch the bigger rigs run it.

Ride'on,

~CRASH!~

Comment

hey MaddMike
                  welcome to MJR
                  I have been bringing a friend up some easy to medium trails lately as he is in your shoes, wants to build some basic skills before tackling the hard stuff
                  I will pm you before our next outing
                  censored for having an opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart
                    I _think_ i might be able to suggest a trail or two
                    don't listen to him!! he'll send you down a bunch of closed trails!! hehe

Comment

Memo to self - remember to lock gate _before_ Sarah exits trail....
                      Jeff
                      OHV76V
                      KG6TY
                      You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

i think i might be dead

Old Fart, I notice your catch phrase "death before slushbox". Maybe I should stay away from you on the trails...I specifically opted for this, knowing that I would be doing LOTS of wheeling in my truck...

...It was pain enough "rowing" my way around the LA freeways with my old car, let alone needing to drop the clutch perched at a 45 degree angle while climbing an obstacle!

Cheers...maybe I'll pick your brain for Big Bear trails one of these days.

Comment

thanks

Hey all, thanks for all of the intro's and such...maybe I'll see some of you out on the trails soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart
                            Memo to self - remember to lock gate _before_ Sarah exits trail....
                            darnit, we need a gate on our trail. who do I talk to about that?

mike, see you soon

Comment

Welcome to MJR
                              Great bunch of people here. Its like one big Happy Family here. We got all bases covered here,
                              Mommy figures, Daddy figures, Brother, Sisters, and a couple of Uncles and Aunts that the familys not allowed to talk about!
                              [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
                              In Loving Memory of My Daughter

Comment

Working...
                              X