Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy - Just Startin' Over

Hello to all of you on MJR. Cool site. NAILER341 said come on over to meet some new jeepin' friends and do some runs. Yeah, we just love southern California.

Last month my year old TJ project was stolen from right in front of our house in pleasant little Placentia. Insurance paid off the day before LA Sherrif popped the guy that stole it. It was pretty well stripped down by then.

Anyway, we found a virgin '02 X auto with 41K for a steal deal, so I'm starting over. This time I'm really doing it right. I was asking opinions over on jeepforum.com about whether to run 33's or 35's with a Currie lift, and Erik said I should check this site out. Needless to say, the concept of 35's won out!

I'm thinking I'll bring the fam out to Calico and watch you guys tear it up. We're still stock yet, but I'm lining up all the parts to build another gnarly heep. Calico is such a cool place, we spent a weekend up there In Feb. No, we didn't run Odessa or Doran, the old heep would have been fine, but we were alone and I didn't want to have any problems with the wife and kid along.

I'll lurk some more and check out all the great stuff going on here.

Thanks for the welcome, Erik. Awesome forum!!!

Welcome to the site. The next calico run ("I'll drink to that reunion run") is looking to be a great trip. You should re-consider running Doron and Odessa though....the last time I was out there (which happens to be the original "I'll drink to that run"), there were a couple stock TJ's along for the fun. There will be plenty of willing people to help spot you through the rough spots.
    olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Welcome to MJR ! Glad you found us.

Sorry to hear about your Jeep being stolen...but Congrats on your new one!

Im selling some brand new 35's if youre interested, I won them at TDS this year

Looking forward to meeting you at Calico ()

Tam
      Last edited by JeepGal; 04-07-05, 09:49 AM.
      2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
      Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Tam,
        Tell me about your 35's. Yes, I'd be interested as I haven't bought yet. First and second choice are MT/R's then MT's. But I'm open to alternatives. I'd be willing to drive to Temecula!

Thanks!

Comment

welcome aboard.
          i think you can make this run as long as you have rocker protection, and strap points.
          you wont likely need to be strapped though.
          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Welcome aboard! Sorry to hear about your Jeep, that really sucks. Looking forward to meetin' ya at Calico!
            Sarah
            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Hey Chris, Welcome to MJR. Bum deal about your 99. but atleast they gave you some money.
              [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
              SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
              Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by cjdirtbiker
                Tam,
                Tell me about your 35's. Yes, I'd be interested as I haven't bought yet. First and second choice are MT/R's then MT's. But I'm open to alternatives. I'd be willing to drive to Temecula!

Thanks!

PMd ya.
                2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Welcome aboard!
                  Erik

I fix things.

Comment

Working...
                  X