Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Everyone! Im new, check it out

hey everyone im mike. new to this site. just got my jeep cherokee a few months ago in poor condition( leaked anything that could leak, stalled, etc) and now its amazing. im starting to offroad a bit. looking to raise it up and armor it. right now i have 2 8'' lcd in-visor screens, in dash dvd player, ps2, 5% tinted out back windows, 35 fronts, big BFG all-terrain tires, and im in the process of cleaning up the little rust spots, scratches, etc. i hope to join more forums and chat later! thanks

-mike

pics from the other day

http://photobucket.com/albums/y130/AFI4203/

--link to sum pics we took while trying to get outa a litle mess. haha it was so fun.

Comment

Welcome! Where were you playing out there? I remember those good old mud days. Hehe. I moved to CA from Novi.
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Cool, your XJ looked exactly like my XJ when I got it. And then I SMASHED it! Welcome to MJR
        [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Nice MUD!
          Mighty 4 banger YJ, 35's,4.88's, 30 splines, Detroits, 4.5" lift, TJ flares, Scorpion Offroad stuff, blah, blah, blah.

Comment

Welcome! Where the heck is commerce township? I'm from K-Zoo originally.
            Erik

I fix things.

Comment

Hi Mike!

I'm from Olivet/Lansing/West Branch before being moved to SoCal. I miss mudd... HEY! You may have seen my wife out mudding a couple of weeks ago. Her brother has a Bronco :tongue: but it muds okay. Does any of this look familiar?

if you dont remember the big orange ass... then you must not have been there.
              [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
              Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

yeah, i offroad anywhere i can, commerce twp is a little place near milford, highland, white lake, pontiac area ish...nice to hear alot of ex-michigan people hahaha. there is sum bad ass spots out here for muddin and stuff

Comment

if you dont remember the big orange ass... then you must not have been there.
                  ROFL!!! Nick I didn't realize you were from Michigan too! Haha we need to have a MI reunion LOL

Mike have you been out to Silver Lake?

Comment

Mike have you been out to Silver Lake?
                    Ooooh those High School days. You're from MI? What is this, a "former michi-gander" website??? Look, I'm from right here *holds up right hand, points with left* Well, I suppose that's okay... just dont let the U-pers in!!! He he he... just kidding, they have GREAT trails.

Mike, you have to come out Cali.

Comment

ahh! i wanna go to silver lake soooo bad!! ive been looking into forever and all my friends say its sooo nice. im definatly goin this summer. i need an ORV license and state park pass right?

Comment

Trying to help.

Originally posted by AFI4203
                        ahh! i wanna go to silver lake soooo bad!! ive been looking into forever and all my friends say its sooo nice. im definatly goin this summer. i need an ORV license and state park pass right?
                        You will. One of my kids (thats what I call my Marines) went there last summer on leave and there are some HELLA new restrictions on it. Noise ordinances, spark arresters and dont forget your little orange flag for the Jeep. You'll only need an ORV license, I think, if you want to go ON the dunes with your Jeep... which is... um... maybe bad? I dunno, you know your girl (jeep) more than I do. Make sure she's light! Put her on a diet!

They also closed the best kick-ass campground around there. The name escapes me, but it was a "wilderness block party". Apparently the cops couldnt police it up, so they closed it.

Check this out: Silver Lake Information

Comment

Rock on! Yeah you need both of those. The trick is to get the state park pass the day or night before you want to go. They actually do sell out in the summer. Oh, and don't forget a flag - and they WILL check your coolers for alcohol before you get on the dunes. (And yes they took all of ours) Leave that back at camp!

Here's some teaser pics! Look at my little Jeep! haha

DAMONS LIBERTY!!

Comment

Originally posted by clarksinca
                            Ooooh those High School days. You're from MI? What is this, a "former michi-gander" website??? Look, I'm from right here *holds up right hand, points with left* Well, I suppose that's okay... just dont let the U-pers in!!! He he he... just kidding, they have GREAT trails.

Mike, you have to come out Cali.
                            Hahaha, Rick went to Michigan Tech!

Comment

Yeah, a few park people ive been talking to around here haver been telling me about all the new restrictions, etc. I'm not sure if I could take the dunes but my jeep is very light for sure. i really need to raise it though, i bottom out on simple stuff easy as that. In the shots i posted earlier, we got mad stuck in sum soft dirt, shouldnt have happened. Ive gotta hold off takin it out there till i look at it or get sum help. Its really hitting hard in the back now on regular dirt roads and sum little bumps. Im starting to think that i need to rebuild my suspension. I need to get cash ASAP haha gas alone these days at $2.40 out here is killin me!!! (still overwhelmed with joy that im in a jeep though)

Comment

Working...
                              X