Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Here

I'm new here, looking for a great forum without the internet haters. I recently left a car forum when I got my jeep and the members there talked trash about it being stock. I hope to learn a lot about modding my jeep and get some good offroad tips and advice, as well as make new friends.

Here is a recent video of me puddle stomping: http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=Picture%2000259

Anyway, I hope you'll welcome me here and help me as I learn the ins and outs of offroading.

Justin
    The Grim Jeeper

Dude! Welcome! Don't sweat the stock stuff- my '02 Sport is still stock also. Hopefully not for long though. You'll be amazed at what you can do in a stock Jeep. Best advice around is to learn to wheel it in stock form and build as you see what you need.
    I recently (ok, not since November) went out with some friends who both had older Toyota P/U's- both lifted around 6-9 inches. My STOCK Jeep had a much easier time on the rocks than their trucks.

Comment

Hi justin, welcome from another newbie. Just like Tjchad said, you will be surprised at what a stock jeep will do. I hit some spots where I thought it would never make it but it pulled me right through. As for the board, from what i have seen so far they are a great bunch of Jeepers. I couldn't get your vid to work but while I was there decided to upload my muddin vid. If you look at the link to pics on my welcome message, I have some pics In the Mojave folder showing what a stock (except for dealer installed 30" tires) can do. I was so nervous going up the mountain thats in the pics that when I got done my shirt was soaked in sweat like I just ran 5 miles.

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=mud 3

got your video to work , what a splash.
      Last edited by Deamer; 03-05-05, 03:30 AM. Reason: link didnt work
      Dennis
      04 TJ
      4.0/Auto
      RE 4.5 Long Arm
      Rock-It Man Rockers
      33x12.50 BFG A/T
      desert racing stripes, creased oil pan, and a new shiny transmission pan.

Comment

Hi

hey, im pretty new to the forum also. So far they have offered me a warm welcome. No one thinks negatively on this site as far as i have seen, just trying to help each other out like on the trails. Like they were saying, stock isn't bad. All i have so far is 31" tires and a locker, and my jeep does some stuff that bigger trucks cant do. The best 4x4er learns to drive stock and goes from there. Its all about experience.
        1978 CJ7, 304 V8, T-150, locked AMC 20 with Superior Axles, Warn M8000, RE 2.5" lift, 31"BFG mudterrains, Naked and dirty 7 months of the year! Cant wait to get more!

Comment

Welcome aboard Justin! I'll have to second what everyone has said, and add, YOUR JEEP ROCKS! There's alot of good advice around here, and if you can't find your answer be sure to ask.
          Sarah
          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Welcome to MJR Justin!
            [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
            SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
            Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Glad you found us

Enjoy your stock Jeep...get to know it before starting to heavily modify it.

Welcome to MJR!

Tam
              Last edited by JeepGal; 03-07-05, 09:36 AM.
              2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
              Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Thank you all for the warm welcome, it's really nice to not recieve immediate abuse I plan on keeping my jeep stock until after I go to Air Force basic training again in June. Hopefully i'll become a well liked member of the boards, you all seem to be a great group!
                The Grim Jeeper

Comment

Working...
                X