Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy in IL

Hello, I live in IL now, but I am from southwestern CO and would love to go back. I am a full-time auto tech and don't even presently own a jeep. However, I am planning on getting a zj, starting to look in a couple of months when income tax season is over and prices go down. I used to work at a jeep dealer, but my motto is, "there is always more to learn". I have not been a hardcore jeep fan, so there is plenty I don't know and I will have questions, starting with what zj should I get? but that belongs elsewhere. Looking forward to enjoying this forum.

Welcome aboard! I probably drove right thru your town a couple of years ago on my way out to Cailfornia! Good luck with your Jeep search.
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Mountianman...

I'm in Rock Island and this is my first post after joining ths afternoon.

I bought my '99 TJ used a year ago almost to the day. It's awsome. I bought it as a second vehicle but I'm getting to the point that I drive it most of the time. I'm having a weird suspension problem so I joined this forum to get some insight into what's going on. I've been a regular on the f150online forum for a few years since I own a 1999 F-150. It's great to see a similar site for Jeep owners...

Good luck searching for a vehicle...

Comment

Originally posted by ronhop
        Mountianman...

I'm in Rock Island and this is my first post after joining ths afternoon.

I bought my '99 TJ used a year ago almost to the day. It's awsome. I bought it as a second vehicle but I'm getting to the point that I drive it most of the time. I'm having a weird suspension problem so I joined this forum to get some insight into what's going on. I've been a regular on the f150online forum for a few years since I own a 1999 F-150. It's great to see a similar site for Jeep owners...

Good luck searching for a vehicle...
        Welcome, ronhop! We'll have to have a midwest meet'n'greet next time Rick and I visit my parents in the Chicagoland area. They have a Liberty that we've been dyin' to tear up hehe In the meantime our '99's can be friends.
        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I'm originally from Chicago. I used to live fairly close to Wrigley Field (Go Cubs)... Lots of Wranglers in this area but offroading on public land is a Bozo NoNo since much of it is controlled by the Corp of Engineers for wildlife refuge. Some people run it anyway but I've heard if you get caught you'll not be buying any Jeep upgrades for quite a while... Yes, you'll drive right past here on the way to Chicago, literally.

A friend of mine in St. Louis has a Liberty and he babies it like a $200,000 European luxury vehicle... Cracks me up. (-:

I take care of things myself to make them last but a vehicle like that especially is made to be used, not looked at.

Comment

Working...
          X