Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torrance, CA - Checking In!

Gang,

Been mostly lurking for awhile and would like to thank the Admin/Mods and members for such a great site! I just picked up an 05 TJ and am looking forward to making upgrades as $$$ allows. I'm also pretty new to the Jeep scene and am loving every minute of it.

I'm lookin' forward to hanging out here regularly and eventually contributing in any way I can.

Cheers!
    War
    Last edited by Warhawke; 02-10-05, 07:43 AM.

Sounds like a plan. Welcome to MJR! What kind of jeep did you get?

Comment

Welcome!

You just missed our Torrance Meet and Greet

Enjoy your new Jeep and its build up!

Tam
      2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
      Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

An 05 TJ, can't you read Sully? J/K!!

Welcome aboard War, your Jeep rocks! We can help you break it in right and help you shop for mods. Oooo, shopping! What size tires are on it?
        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome and it's a pleasure to meet ya'll! Everything is currently stock on it. I may go the RE 3.5" w/32" tires route but am not 100% sure as of yet. I'm still pretty new to this and my suspension choice is based on reviews/recommendations I've read in various places about the RE kits.

I was also considering a Genuine suspension that 4 wheel parts carries, but have yet to hear much about those lifts and the company itself. Any suggestions?

Comment

RE makes a great lift! I'll have the 4" kit when I'm through with mine. Definitely go with the 33" tires, 32's will most likely leave you wanting the extra inch. Along with your lift you'll need a driveshaft and SYE, tow hooks and rocker protection. Haven't heard of Genuine, but when choosing parts ... the better the parts the better the performance, on and off-road. :2:
            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Warhawke
              Thanks for the warm welcome and it's a pleasure to meet ya'll! Everything is currently stock on it. I may go the RE 3.5" w/32" tires route but am not 100% sure as of yet. I'm still pretty new to this and my suspension choice is based on reviews/recommendations I've read in various places about the RE kits.

I was also considering a Genuine suspension that 4 wheel parts carries, but have yet to hear much about those lifts and the company itself. Any suggestions?
              Welcome. I too have the RE lift on my 02 TJ and having to work through all the trials and tribulations of the process all I can say is go slow and ask questions. Many variables you need to consider and if your like me you'll only want to do this once (as I'm in the process of replacing componets already). Well I tried.

Cheers, B&T TJ

Comment

Welcome aboard! Let us know if you have any questions.
                [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Due to the cost factor, I may start off with the RE 3.5" lift, 1" BL and go with 33's. Does the RE kit come with everything I need for the entire project for the time being, or would it be mandatory that I get a few extras to go with that suspension kit? Thanks guys...and gals!

War

Comment

Welcome to MJR!
                    1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
                    Glad to be back in California!

Comment

They put on my Pro Comp 4" lift and i must say that they did a great job on my jeep even gave me back all my old stuff as well. After they put it on they will set up an appointment for you to come in so they can go over it and make sure everything is ok FREE!! I called them a few times about questions and they were very helpful. The only thing i would change is the shocks i really hate the Pro Comp shocks they put on. The stearing stabilizer shock leaked a week after i had it. But they were very fast at replacing it. Plus i really think it should ride better than it is. Man it rides stiff.

Comment

Working...
                      X