Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank God!!!!!!!!!

Well, remember that tranny problem i thought i had...huge rattling. Well, i guess when i forgot to bolt in the tranny for my test ride, the tranny shaking loose caused the clamp to the exhaust to break. Thus, my rattling was only my exhaust bouncing up and down. The shop fixed it for no cost cuz they love my jeep...so now im happy. Here is a pic of my messing around today on some tiny rocks...Enjoy

2001 60th anniversary TJ 6" Fabtech Long Arm 35" BFG Mud terrain 2003 Rubicon Full Traction Long Arm lift/RE 7.5 springs/ 36" IROKs/Poison Spyder Cage

very cool, glad it was simple...now to find you some bigger rocks

Tam
    2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
    Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

ROCK ON!! That's awesome that they fixed it free - please refer people to them! Unfortunately last time I went to the (Chrysler) dealer my exaust was making noise, the damn thing was missing a NUT and they charged me over $75. The best part was I had to pull it out of them to find out what was causing the problem. A-HOLES!
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
        Unfortunately last time I went to the (Chrysler) dealer my exaust was making noise, the damn thing was missing a NUT and they charged me over $75. The best part was I had to pull it out of them to find out what was causing the problem. A-HOLES!
        The last time I went to the dealer, they were going to charge me $95 to fix my speedometer sensor because it broke and popped out of my t-case. Instead I decided to pay the $58 for the part and fix it myself. Charge me almost 40 bucks for a 2 minute fix, I don't think so. They couldn't even tell me what to use to clean the tranny fluid off my soft top and rear window. And I asked them about getting it aligned, they said "we can't align that." What's up with that? :mad:
        04 Rubicon
        4.5" RE Super Flex
        1" BL
        CV Yoke w/ Driveshaft
        Currie Anti-rock swaybar
        35" el cheapos
        Front Bumper & Rockers

Comment

You got lucky! Nice pic!
          [color=grey]Ryan[/color]
          [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]No Jeep To speak of. But I got a Hummer H3[/COLOR]

Comment

Yep...dealerships are stealerships as jeepers say. I havent gone to the jeep dealer since i bought the jeep when it was new. Just look around for a cool tire/service shop that has down to earth guys that you can chat about random stuff with. These guys that did my free fix are great guys. I didnt feel comfortable with other shops. These guys love my jeep and are actually going to post a huge poster in their shop of it to promote my tire/wheel set-up. I got shafted on monday when I needed someone to modify my exhaust as it was in the way of the shock. I was gonna just saw-zall it but decided to do it professionally...they charged me 65 bucks for saw-zalling it. Losers.

Here is a close up pic from the first pic.

Ha Ha...and here is the beauty when I had the 31s on.
            I drove like this for a while which was pretty funny and scary.
            2001 60th anniversary TJ 6" Fabtech Long Arm 35" BFG Mud terrain 2003 Rubicon Full Traction Long Arm lift/RE 7.5 springs/ 36" IROKs/Poison Spyder Cage

Comment

i went to the dealer ship to have a belt replaced the dang thing only had little over 1000 miles on it and the belt was coming apart they had to special order it took two days for a dang belt can you beleave it? then oil change time got this free oil change coupon in the mail took it in and they say we aint changing it for free with or without the coupon you have lifted it that sucks do it myself from now on
              im lovin it

2004 wrangler se
              4 inch rough country lift
              35x12.5LT16's
              super budget 3 inch body lift

Comment

Originally posted by Surfer_Boy
                Yep...dealerships are stealerships as jeepers say.
                Hey Surfer_boy,

I'm from San Jose. Do you wheel with any groups/clubs in the bay area?

Best,

Flywaterguide

03 TJ with a few mods.

Comment

Originally posted by tjrubicon
                  Instead I decided to pay the $58 for the part and fix it myself.
                  That's still pretty brutal for a speedo sensor. I just replaced mine and it was around... humm.. :confused: can't remember either about 13 bucks or 26 bucks.. one of the two. Still not too much. and I got it from the dealership.

Best,

FG

03 TJ with a few mods.

Comment

I haven't got in to any clubs yet but I do know a club that goes to the rubicon several times a year. A guy that worked for my dad got us into jeepin when he sold us his BB. He now has a rubicon lift, ford 8.8, air lockers front and rear, 33s, and a whole bunch of stuff. He's a maniac and really knows how to wheel. We are gonna hit up some trails soon, yet this early winter might stop us. I usually go wheelin alone up at bear valley, which is never a really good idea. If you want to go, just call me up.
                    784-2274

Comment

Working...
                    X