Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey everyone!

I am a fairly new owner of a 2004 Jeep TJ; I purchased it a few months back. My first Jeep. I have yet to off-road it - I need new tires and a carrier for a full sized spare - I'm looking at spending well north of a grand here in about a month or so. Plus I have this online class thing I am doing that eats up my spare time otherwise (and right now I'm slackin'!).

Anyhow - I found this forum because of an old thread that sounded like a problem I had, and I wanted to post an answer to it for others, because there didn't seem to be one from the OP.

Anyhow - my TJ is mostly stock, and while she's got a lot miles on her, she looks like she was never wheeled by the PO, though there was some money put into her (Bilstein shocks, a 3" lift, some Rigid LED light pods with a crappy wire job that I disconnected because it was a fire hazard - on my todo list to fix, Fuel rims, and 33" BFG ATs). I had my problem fixed, plus a few other items that ended up costing me some $$$ but was worth it ultimately.

My next big thing is new tires all around (not sure what I'll get - I'm leaning toward either sticking with the BFGs, or going with a set of ProComp ATs - either way, it won't be cheap, but y'all know this), plus a tire carrier bumper and an extra rim so I can run with a full-size spare (the PO only has the OEM spare on the back). In the later future I'm going to get a set of rock sliders from Rocky Road Outfitters, and maybe a couple of diff cages or new covers, a winch, roof rack, etc.

Just Empty Every Pocket, indeed!

Welp - that's it for me. I'm gunna post a question I have, and see if anyone has any insight (though until I get this class thing done, I won't be able to try any of the fixes - maybe I'll just wait on it).

Thanks!

Welcome, I too know the struggle of online classes. I'm taking my last 2 right now for a bachelor's degree I will likely do nothing with. Get the tires, the sliders, and strap that spare down in the back and get on the trails! (Who needs a back bench in a TJ anyway) Also the Toyo Open Country MTs have been very kind to me.
    Last edited by aaronappel21; 09-07-17, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Hey everyone!

Welcome aboard! We all share the same addiction!
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I went to Glendale a couple years ago for a football game. You have a really nice stadium there!

Welcome to MJR!
        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Hello welcome aboard dear.

Comment

Working...
          X