Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm back . . .

Hello again . . . been a few years since I've been Jeeping, but looks like I'll be back in the Jeep hitting the trails again soon. Started dirtbike riding again and the Jeep basically became my grocery getter for the last 3 years. Blew out my ACL and the doctors are telling me it's going to be a while before I can ride again after surgery. Luckily I held onto the Jeep, so once I get thru the rough part of the recovery I'm hoping to get back out there in the Jeep. Hope to be able to join you guys on some runs agian here in a few weeks!

That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Welcome back to the dark side Joe. Miller again? It would be great to see you again.

Comment

Welcome back!!
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

JOE! Welcome back. Too bad about the knee. been there done that. Not fun. recoup quickly. Howz the wiener dog?
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Hey Joe! Glad you are back! Want me to spot you in Calico?? :dunno:
          SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
          MJR moderator
          MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
          Jeep Patrol Leader
          Reforestation Supervisor
          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
          Eagle Scout

Comment

Thanks everybody! Just had surgery yesterday, so hopefully I'll be able to get back out there here in a few weeks. See you guys soon!

Comment

Welcome back Joe. I had a blast watching you up at Miller as I bashed along.
              USMC F&AM

Comment

glad your back in action/. I had my acl blow out on me for the second time this last February. Lasted 12 yrs before this one went. Found I have advanced arthritis in the whole knee, had no acl, no meniscus (due to the 1st surgery and the dr not doing his job right) and a mildly torn mcl. They went in and did an arthroscopy and cleaned it out, then did a microfracture (dont ever get this done) and then a week later did the acl. 6 wks in a brace and the microfracture caused scare tissue that now makes my leg unable to completely straighten when i walk. Every step is painful... Hopefully with time it'll clear out but it hurts like a mo-fo. Hope your acl recovery is a good one.
                1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Damn Joe, what timing. Sharon and I were just talking about how you disappeared. Glad you are back. Sorry about the knee.
                  More importantly, how's Turbo??
                  And even more importantly, when are we going wheelin' again?

[COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                  Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                  [/COLOR]

Comment

Turbo is doing great! He'll be turning 9 next month. Not sure how soon I'll be able to get out there . . . hopefully soon as I'm going to go stir crazy pretty soon.

I'm sure most of you know this spot . . .

Comment

Originally posted by schmo View Post
                      turbo is doing great! He'll be turning 9 next month. Not sure how soon i'll be able to get out there . . . Hopefully soon as i'm going to go stir crazy pretty soon.

I'm sure most of you know this spot . . .
                      turbo dog!

Comment

Had a good follow up with Ortho today . . . everything seems to be progressing well. Will be starting PT in 2 weeks and should have a custom brace by that time and figure I should be ready to get out and do some wheelin' shortly there after . . . I'll keep an eye out for some runs late Oct, early Nov. Hope to see you guys soon.

Comment

Glad to hear that Joe. Do everything the PT monster says. and ask them to use E-stem on your knee. You'll love it!

Comment

Hey Joe! I see Ortho in a week to see about my knee. Blew it out on a trail run...can't even think about my motorcycle right now! I have a torn meniscus and a frayed (but attached) acl.

Comment

Originally posted by SAR Jeeper View Post
                              Hey Joe! I see Ortho in a week to see about my knee. Blew it out on a trail run...can't even think about my motorcycle right now! I have a torn meniscus and a frayed (but attached) acl.
                              Sorry to hear that Steve . . . sounds too familiar . . . my meniscus was also a torn up mess . . . based on the pics, they just did their best to trim it back as they weren't able to fix the tears . . . I had to have a new ACL installed as mine was completely torn. I dealt with it for about a year and a half, but toward the end, it started to become evident that it wasn't going to heal on it's own and was weak to the point that any little thing would tweak it where it would swell up and hurt for a few weeks. Unfortunately all I can think about right now are my motorcycles . . . I figure I'll be back on the street bike soon but it's going to be a while still before the doc lets me back on the dirtbikes. Probably not a good sign when your doctor tells you, if you fall, just be sure to land on your head!!! Good luck Steve!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X