Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorado new guy RedY2KTJ

Had several CJs and this is my second TJ Just love the TJ platform live in Colorado moved in here in May I was living in the Caribbean for two years previous. Love to be in the mountains and NOT arounds crowds.
    Colorado Jeep Club #2000
    Freedom isnt Free

Welcome to MJR. When you get a chance let us see some pic's of your Jeep in the great country side there.
    Dennis and Tammy
    Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Welcome to MJR! You just joined the best online Jeep forum.
      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
      MJR moderator
      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by RedY2KTJ View Post
        Love to be in the mountains and NOT arounds crowds.
        Well I can relate to that!

Great taste in Jeeps, btw. A PR4 Flame Red 2000 TJ Sport may just be the pinnacle of Jeep awesomeness. 2000 was a great year: first year with solid state ignition, first year with the NV3550, and before they detuned the motor a bit for 2003. Are you aware of the shift detent issue with the 2000 NV3500s and NV3550s?
        holes = cowbell

Comment

Welcome aboard! Your jeeps rock
          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Thanks I will get some up
            Colorado Jeep Club #2000
            Freedom isnt Free

Comment

Thanks Roger
              Colorado Jeep Club #2000
              Freedom isnt Free

Comment

Thanks InVERTd love my lil Red Girlfriend, and yes nof the smoothest shifting trans I have ever had for sure, but just adds to the individuality of having a Jeep!
                Colorado Jeep Club #2000
                Freedom isnt Free

Comment

welcome!
                  [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                  www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Originally posted by RedY2KTJ View Post
                    Thanks InVERTd love my lil Red Girlfriend, and yes nof the smoothest shifting trans I have ever had for sure, but just adds to the individuality of having a Jeep!
                    If you start to have problems with the trans popping out of gear, be aware that it's due to a defect in the internal shift mechanism. A transmission rebuild will not fix the problem. The parts to fix it are (or were) available only from dealers at about $450. The 2001-on 3550s do not have this problem. I liked the 3550 a lot.
                    holes = cowbell

Comment

[COLOR="#800000"]Welcome aboard! Seems like Colorado is the place to be these days! Can't wait for pictures of the beautiful country out there and of course your Jeep out enjoying it.[/COLOR]
                      [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                      Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Welcome to MJR!
                        Colorado has some amazing trails! I hope that you post up your adventures on them soon, well, as soon as the snow melts....
                        [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                        Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                        [/COLOR]

Comment

Cant figure out how to post pics, maybe its the elevation
                          Colorado Jeep Club #2000
                          Freedom isnt Free

Comment

Originally posted by inVERt'D View Post
                            If you start to have problems with the trans popping out of gear, be aware that it's due to a defect in the internal shift mechanism. A transmission rebuild will not fix the problem. The parts to fix it are (or were) available only from dealers at about $450. The 2001-on 3550s do not have this problem. I liked the 3550 a lot.
                            Think at that point I would opt for the newer 6 speed if it comes to pulling this one out.
                            Colorado Jeep Club #2000
                            Freedom isnt Free

Comment

The NSG370 6-speed does have nice gearing. Beer told me to pull the trigger on an NV4500 and the sheer size of that thing really complicated other things I wanted to do like a flat, flush skid. With the 370 you'd have to make provision for your CPS (crankshaft position sensor), but that's doable. 6spdYJ on here is a good one to ask about that if it ever comes up.
                              holes = cowbell

Comment

Working...
                              X