Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loud Virbations

Question! i got a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 all of a sudden i got a loud virbation noise that sounds like its coming from my exhaust but the exhaust isnt lose anyone got any ideas what it could be?? the "virbration" is so loud i can barely stand it!

only thing done to the jeep today was replacing both front shocks

Welcome.

Could something else be loose or touching the exhaust? Perhaps a heat shield or something?
    holes = cowbell

Comment

Welcome.
      First we need to establish if it's a rattle or a vibration. A rattle is what you will only hear. A vibration you may or may not hear but you will feel. Does it happen only at a certain speed? Does it happen at idle while not driving? Only in gear? Only in neutral? The more information you can give the faster and more accurate we can help.
      God forgives, rocks don't
      -sons of thunder

Comment

Originally posted by 6spdYJ View Post
        Welcome.
        First we need to establish if it's a rattle or a vibration. A rattle is what you will only hear. A vibration you may or may not hear but you will feel. Does it happen only at a certain speed? Does it happen at idle while not driving? Only in gear? Only in neutral? The more information you can give the faster and more accurate we can help.
        its a vibration vibrates bad as soon as I start it up it vibrates an vibrates going down the road. happens in park and all other gears

Comment

Take a look at the motor mount on the driver's side. These like to saturate with oil and pulverize the rubber, letting the motor flop around. They tend to get soft after 10 years or so. The only other thing that comes to mind with your description is a cracked flex plate.
          God forgives, rocks don't
          -sons of thunder

Comment

Working...
          X