Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Financing

Hello, I'm trying to join the club but I cannot find anyone to finance the vehicle in question. Its not really a matter of credit, its just so customized (sales price at $17,000 and its a 1998) and to top it off we're in different states (i'm in Idaho and the seller, a friend, is in Washington)

I would greatly appreciate any references. Thanks in advance,

Steve

You'll likely have to get an equity line of credit on your house or some such thing in order to get a loan like that.
    Let's see this '98 Jeep that is worth so much money.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341 View Post
      x2. If you have military background I'd suggest Navy Fed or USAA. Navy Fed will give you a loan even if your score is a 512 and you need 40k for some chewing gum. USAA is a bit more picky, but the rates and customer service are worth it if your credit is good. Otherwise, I'd go with what Erik said or perhaps look into a local credit union, or "not for profit" bank (read Co-Op).
      USMC F&AM

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341 View Post
        Wow. I got a heck of a 1997 for a lot less... this thing better be good!
        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

I'm not the right guy to ask about financing.
          Regardless, Welcome to MJR!
          [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
          Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
          [/COLOR]

Comment

It's hard to get good financing on vehicles older than 10 years. 98' TJ blue books for around $8k-$9500 last I looked. That's quite a deficit to overcome. However a Signature Loan would do the trick.

Maybe you can get the title and see how much credit union will finance the TJ for. Get a signature loan for the remainder.

Good luck
            You can lead a horse to water, but it might drown

Comment

It's hard to get good financing on vehicles older than 10 years. 98' TJ blue books for around $8k-$9500 last I looked. That's quite a deficit to overcome. However a Signature Loan would do the trick.

Maybe you can get the title and see how much credit union will finance the TJ for. Get a signature loan for the remainder.

Good luck
              You can lead a horse to water, but it might drown

Comment

Yeah, it's not gonna happen with the vehicle as the only collateral. If you don't have the cash to cover the cost over the BB value, you are going to have to look for other ways to make it happen. as said above, signature loan, that rich uncle in Vegas....something like that...

Comment

Welcome to the site
                  Tony
                  1A Auto
                  CALL ME DIRECT 866-403-3393
                  1A Auto Parts Install Videos|1A Aauto Blog

Comment

Working...
                  X