• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome aboard, your Jeep rocks!!

Sarah
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

thanks, trying to figure out a few mods. to tell you the truth, I used to be all into imports and actually had two civics that I've redone. however, my love has always been with the jeeps. it all started as a kid when my dad used to have an 86 CJ. Nearly my entire immediate family has a jeep of some sort.

nevertheless, I'm looking at maybe rockers, a suspension, some lighting, racks, I have no idea really. I'm not looking to go crazy with the cash, but a few things would be nice here and there.

any suggestions for some first mods?
      98 TJ 4.0 - 2" PORC budget lift - 31s

Comment

as for first mods it depends on the wheeling...i got rock rails, and a BB.(oh yea i have a cherokee) i also made a rack for my crap....basically the first thing i would do, recovery points and recovery gear and a CB. I would get the stuff you never have to worry about growing out of no matter how high you go........ and you will want to go higher.
        B R E T T
        87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

Comment

well NY is mostly wooded, muddy trails with minor rock. I also use my jeep as my daily drive so I don't want to go too crazy - well at least not yet. I was thinking about the CB bit, especially seeing that my roommate is a Radio Shack manager and can get me discounts on all that stuff.

lift wise I'm going to wait till next summer.

what do you mean by recovery points? and what gear would you suggest?
          98 TJ 4.0 - 2" PORC budget lift - 31s

Comment

i just got a radio from radio shack...it was the cheapo 40 dollar one, DONT GET IT, it is crappy. i went back and got a new one that just came in. It was like 79 bucks but so far its workin great.

tow points....do you have a rear hitch? if you do a siple receiver shackle will work...http://store5.yimg.com/I/cruiserconn..._1801_18395331 there is a pic of what i mean

in your pic i see tow hooks on the front so those are good

gear wise i just mean recovery strap about 30 bucks and make sure you get "recovery" not "tow" because there is a difference. a hi lift is a good tool and can be used for winching. im sure others will add stuff...
            B R E T T
            87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

Comment

you may want to concider two recovery straps some time one just aint enough, this i found out on my first jeep outing with my brother, 60 feet is sometimes better than 30
              im lovin it

2004 wrangler se
              4 inch rough country lift
              35x12.5LT16's
              super budget 3 inch body lift

Comment

Working...
              X