Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello

Hello all,

I'm Ryan Anderson and I live in Irvine, California. I just moved back here after 13 years of living in Hampton Roads Virginia. I cant tell you why I would do something so stupid. Love the weather, hate the liberal politicians. Anyways, I have a '92 yj Islander. I could not stand zll the stickers and stripes so I painted it a dark grey with all else black. Most everything is stock. PO put 31" tires no lift. I've been unemployed for over a year and finally start a new job this coming Monday, so hopefully I can do a little work on it. It's kind of sluggish in lower gears. Basically it feels as though it has 300,000 miles, but only has 166,000. I plan on doing something with that. Maybe PO put different odometer on it that showed ower mileage than it really has.If anyone has any suggestions, I aould love to hear them. I changed oil, differ. oil and trans. case. I need to give tune up, but PO did it just before I bought it only 2,000 miles earlier than now. I also keep air in tires right. I know the tires have some bearing on it. They are mickey thompzon ? Claw. Off hand dont know exact name. Thats about it. Hopefully someone can give me some ideas to give it a little more pep. It actually does great on the freeway.

Welcome to MJR!
    Congrats on the new job too. Sounds like the Jeep needs a little love, but they are easy to work on for the most part. What engine is it? 4 or 6cyl?
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

Comment

Welcome to MJR.
      Dennis and Tammy
      Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Welcome to MJR! Thanks for sharing your story. We have a handful of YJ guys here, as well as shade-tree mechanics, and even some pros that should be able to help you out.
        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Welcome to MJR and congrats as well on the new job; no the addiction can be funded. YJs are nice since they are plug n play. Post up some photos of it, I hope to see you out there sometime.
          USMC F&AM

Comment

Welcome back to Orange County and welcome to MJR! I'm sure you'll learn to love this place. Sounds like a nice start on the Jeep.

And a big CONGRATULATIONS on the new job. I also went through a long unemployment period and know how great it felt to start working (and, of course, being able to afford things for my Jeep again.)
            "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

[COLOR="#800000"]Welcome aboard, we'll see ya out in the dirt sometime.[/COLOR]
              [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
              Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Welcome to MJR from a fellow YJ owner.

Comment

Welcome to MJR
                  An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

Welcome to MJR! We're glad to have you on board!
                    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                    MJR moderator
                    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                    Jeep Patrol Leader
                    Reforestation Supervisor
                    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                    Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by offbeatnpath View Post
                      Hello all,

I'm Ryan Anderson and I live in Irvine, California. I just moved back here after 13 years of living in Hampton Roads Virginia. I cant tell you why I would do something so stupid. Love the weather, hate the liberal politicians.
                      There aren't too many liberals in Irvine, though UCI certainly has more than a few..... Are you referring to California in general or Virginia?
                      Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
                      Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
                      HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

YJ's are the best Jeeps out there... Depending on the engine you have... I call tell you all the mods I did to my 4.0L before I finally swapped out the motor entirely... Welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by vwtipeii View Post
                          YJ's are the best Jeeps out there... Depending on the engine you have... I call tell you all the mods I did to my 4.0L before I finally swapped out the motor entirely... Welcome!
                          Listen to what he has to say. I've got to admit, his is one of the best built YJs I think I've seen.
                          USMC F&AM

Comment

Welcome! With patience and some creativity a YJ can be very capable and doesn't have to break the bank. Best bang for the buck if you have a 4.0 6cyl is finding a set of 4cyl axles and swapping them in to get 4.10 gears. YJ axle swaps are just a bit more involved than an oil change - but not by much. You can piece out your old ones on craigslist and get most of your money back. Keep the rear shafts - you'll need 'em if you keep the D35. You found the best... Lots of great people here with tons of experience.
                            God forgives, rocks don't
                            -sons of thunder

Comment

Working...
                            X