Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJ to JK

Now I'll have a Jeep I can drive instead of tow down to the desert from here. I'll keep my Handle as I have a bent JK Rubi front axle with a diff and locker I got for free that may go in someday.

Went from this

to this,

then it'll be this very soon

Last edited by Rubiclone; 01-12-13, 10:28 AM.

Sweet!
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Comment

Done

Comment

That has to almost the fastest morphing I have ever seen.

Looks good.

Comment

I had a plan before I started for once. I wanted to make sure I did it right. I figured after 6 years, people who bought JKs knew what worked by now and they were right. This thing rides and drives sweet!

Comment

How about some details? At 1st glance it looks like you only added wheels and tires. I think you lifted it. What all did you do?
            It was like that when I got here.

Comment

RC 3.5" lift. JKS front TB, TF rear TB brkt. Rides smooth

Comment

Are those 285x75 tires or 33x12.50?

Comment

Oh yah, they're 315/70/17 (35") on 17x8.
                  Build thread here;
                  http://www.jk-forum.com/modified-jk-...1/#post3387733

Comment

Originally posted by mkjeepers View Post
                    Are those 285x75 tires or 33x12.50?
                    I kinda used yours as an example to build what I wanted, but I couldn't find your specs. I figured, then found out piecing some of your threads together that you had the RC 2.5" lift, and thru some of your pics, you sometimes had 33" tires. After 6 years on 32s, then 33s, I figured I wanted 35s and I read very good things on the RC 3.5" lift. So that's what I went with. I'm done with hardcore wheeling, more into the exploring/trip kinda thing.

Comment

Read your build thread. looks great. Do'n your lift when its 27 degrees. Thats dedication. Looks good. Wish I could be happy with an explorer/overlander. Still a black diamond junkie, still spending money.
                      It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Wish I could've afforded to keep the TJ for the trails too. But it was worth too much to sell still and I'm running out of room. I still have my DRZ dualsport if I need a Blue Diamond trail fix! Black Diamond Jeep or bike trails here can cause Death if you f$%& it up! A couple of years ago, a pro rider visiting from CA died on a BD trail when he went over the side! If I ever sell my truck and camper, maybe a TJ toy could enter the picture again.

Comment

Working...
                        X