Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fng

Hi all I joined because I was reccomended to this sight by a co worker for all the good trail info. I'm active duty AF stationed at edwards. as you can tell by the name I do not own a jeep I'm a sammie guy bought it from a desert rat it was sitting on cinder blocks in the desert and have got it running solid small shackle lift ( SPOA is in the mail on it's way) it sits on 31s I did the 1.6 8 valve tracker engine swap and just a lot of routine maintenace end goal is to rebuild the transfer case with 4.16:1 ratio gears and be running 33's extend the shock mounts (a few parts on there way for that too) and add an internal cage to keep the little one safe in the back. I do have one question off the bat does anybody know how out of towners count as far as green sticker/ red sticker trail riding seasons I'm an Alaska resident so my vehicle is registered there I was really looking forward to running some big bear trails in the next couple weeks but I'm not sure if I can since I don't have a green sticker

Welcome to MJR!

You don't need to worry about a green sticker if your Sammy is legally licensed & registered in any of the 50 states, Canada, Or anywhere else. Green stickers in California are for non-street legal vehicles such as dirt bikes, quads, rock & dune buggies. Hope this helps!

Thank you for your service to our country!
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Comment

Welcome to MJR. Post a pic of your sammy, we like all kinds a off road rigs here.
      Dennis and Tammy
      Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Welcome to MJR! I hope we get to see the Sammie in action one day.
        USMC F&AM

Comment

Welcome aboard! Sammie's Rock!
          Sounds like you have done and are planning some great things for the rig. I hope to meet you on the trails soon!
          [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
          Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
          [/COLOR]

Comment

[COLOR="darkred"]Look at MJR going all international and what-not. Welcome to MJR Sammie! See you out on the rocks.[/COLOR]
            [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
            Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Welcome aboard. I work at EAFB over in the anechoic chamber. That freakin big building over on Wolfe. You are stationed in a good/bad place for wheeling. Good thing, you are in the middle of all. Bad, the only thing close is Red Rock Canyon, everything else is 2.5 hrs away, one way.

There is a local Jeep club, High Desert 4 wheelers. Great guys to wheel with and learn the country around here. Look forward to wheelin with ya.

Comment

Welcome to the site
                Tony
                1A Auto
                CALL ME DIRECT 866-403-3393
                1A Auto Parts Install Videos|1A Aauto Blog

Comment

Working...
                X