Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southern Cali guy here.

Hello my name is Brian.I am a Jeep owner and lover.I am looking forward to getting to know jeep locals and doing some wheeling with them.I have a 66 cj5 that needs some help to get me back on the trail, I broke my front drive shaft and am having trouble getting a new one.So thinking of upgrading to anything other than a Dana 27.I also work at Primo powdercoating and sandblasting in Huntington Beach.We offer deals to Jeep owners.

Hey Brian, welcome to MJR!
    "I started out with nothing and still have most of it left."

Comment

Welcome to MJR.
      It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Welcome aboard!
        After-market drive shafts are generally an improvement over the stock ones. I'm sure that there are plenty of options for your CJ5. I hope to meet you on the trails soon!
        [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
        Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
        [/COLOR]

Comment

Welcome to MJR...Parts are hard to find for the older models. I look through craigslist every other day for CJ parts...sometimes you hit the jackpot...If I see a front drive shaft, I will inbox you.

Comment

Thank you all for welcoming me.I can't wait to get back up and running to go try John Bull.I broke my driveshaft in Ocotillo wells on a sand hill."When in doubt throttle out"

Comment

Any driveline shop can make you pretty much whatever driveshaft you want. JB Reel in Pomona or Tom Woods would both be very good choices

Comment

I took my stuff to powertrain industries in garden grove and they said my shaft wasn't a jeep one,and to pull my yokes so I did now they say they can't find matching yokes.I think I want to upgrade to a Dana 30 with disc brakes and get an e locker with 4.56 front and back.

Comment

Nothing wrong with upgrading stuff. Look in the fab section what Jonah did to his Opie. Might give you some ideas as to what is possible.

He did a very creative built on his Jeep

Comment

Welcome to MJR,got any pic's of your CJ?
                    Dennis and Tammy
                    Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Just the one I recently added as my avatar.

Comment

Welcome to MJR! Just in time for great weather. See you on the trails!

Lorie
                        Jeep Girl

Comment

Welcome aboard!

HOOYAH!!!
                          Dan

Comment

Hey welcome! I am just down the road from Primo. I am sure we can get your driveshaft worked out whether you change your axle or not. I built my own, it is pretty easy. Is the yoke busted or the tube or both?

Comment

Originally posted by jonah View Post
                              Hey welcome! I am just down the road from Primo. I am sure we can get your driveshaft worked out whether you change your axle or not. I built my own, it is pretty easy. Is the yoke busted or the tube or both?
                              I smashed the yoke on the driveshaft trying to change the u joint.it might be able to be fixed but it seems the shaft itself might be bent.

Comment

Working...
                              X