Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeep rescue

Does anyone know of a Jeep or other 4x4 club in Colorado that might help someone who has managed to disable their Jeep in a very remote location? I was told by a passer byer that such a group exists and that they do this sort of thing for fun (sort of a challenge). I would love any information or leads to leads. Thanks!

I'm not sure, maybe Rain (User name is Rain too) or Eddie (user name 007) would know, if they log on. Either way, I hope you get your junk out. And welcome to MJR!
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Welcome aboard, we'd come rescue you ... but it might take a few days
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Be happy to come extract you. Have done it for many others. It would give me a chance to wheel in Colorado. Where are you at?
        EE

Comment

well? Did this happen? Derek? did you get your jeep out?

Tell us more please

Tam
          2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
          Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

He never posted an answer and I didn't feel like searching the whole state of Colorado for him lol
            EE

Comment

OH COME ON...what an ADVENTURE ...that could be FUN
              2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
              Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

OK I would have LIKED TO search all of Colorado for him...I just can't AFFORD to lol
                EE

Comment

maybe he's just advanced planning for a big trail ride this summer
                  :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

4x4support.com

Check out this site. "Wheelers tend to be travelers. As many of us are aware, it can be difficult to find qualified or even willing help when out of your home area. This site was created for this very purpose."
                    They have a pretty good list of people in Colorado as well as many other places you may end up.
                    http://www.4x4support.com/index.php
                    DesertYJ
                    29 Palms
                    "I Love It When She Crawls On All 4's"

Comment

Getting your Jeep stuck is no fun, been there

Luckly I was not too far from a pay phone (hour walk) and was able to locate a company to tow me out. Sad thing was, I was killing time before going to meet with a local off-road club. Called them first but no one there was willing to help.
                      Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

That is soooooo not nice

Originally posted by nagal
                        Getting your Jeep stuck is no fun, been there

Luckly I was not too far from a pay phone (hour walk) and was able to locate a company to tow me out. Sad thing was, I was killing time before going to meet with a local off-road club. Called them first but no one there was willing to help.

That is really sad that no one would help you out :mad: When I lived in Hawaii we had many a stuck tourists and a few locals as well now and then. My Sgt or OIC was always cool with covering our beat while we found someone with the proper equipment to get them unstuck ( usually a fellow officer on duty or off or someone just passing by would help out )and get them back home or to where they were staying. At least you found someone who could rescue you.
                        Lisa
                        Have you hugged your Jeep today??

Comment

My wife gets upset with me everytime I help somebody out. Has cost me some parts breakage. But I still dont think twice about helping someone. Firm believer in what comes around goes around.
                          [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
                          In Loving Memory of My Daughter

Comment

I was a little taken back by it. It was not as much as no one wanting to help but how I was treated in general. But that is life.

Knowing how it feels, if I am ever in the situation to help, I won't even think twice about doing it.
                            Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

I've towed someone out before. My sister was with me and we had two kids in the Jeep. I went passed this house that had just been built, there was this Toyota Corolla stuck in the soft sand because the driveway was just black topped. I asked my sister if I should turn around and go back and help. She said go for it. I turned around and stopped and asked if they needed any help (while the neighbors just gawked) they said yes if I could help them that would be great. I got up in the yard and pulled in behind strapped the tow strap around her axle since she had no obivious tow points and hook up to the hooks on the Jeep while one woman tried taking it off the hooks. I told her ma'am please don't do that for I know what I'm doing. I told her to get in her car and start it and put it in Reverse, but not to do anything until I give my sister the sign for her to hit the gas. I put "Marvin" in 4 low and as soon as I tugged Sharon (sister) told her to press the gas and wholla!!! She was out!!! Meanwhile, neighbors were still gawking that a woman in a Jeep pulled her out!!! They tried to pay me and I told them no, that if I didn't do it they would have been there until night time waiting for someone to get them out. That felt awesome!!!!
                              1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
                              Glad to be back in California!

Comment

Working...
                              X