X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everybody!

..now you say, "HI DR NICK!"

I'm Dr.

My name is dave, I'm on my 3rd jeep, I had a 79 golden eagle Cherokee chief, I still have an 89 YJ with a fuel injected 4.2 and now I'm driving an 05 rubicon LJ on 35's with a 4 inch long arm lift.

I do most of my wheeling in the desert near (but not in) joshua tree and near (but not in) the mojave preserve.

I'm really not that hardcore, my jeep is currently my daily driver so I'm kinda sissy on breakage until I sell my YJ and pick up a new daily driver.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys! Socal needs a bigger and better jeep community!

-dave

Nice pics!

Welcome to MJR..see ya on the trails!

Lorie
    Jeep Girl

Comment

Thanks

Does anybody in socal do meetups? I actually get out on the trail quite a bit, what's really missing is a local community. I'd like to be able to hang out and talk shop with people from time to time. Despite lots of searching, I've been unable to find it, anything like that?

Comment

You found the right place here. There is always a run going on with the MJR crew. I was extemely thankful to have found them when I bought a Jeep again. You won't be dissapointed with the folks you'll meet here.

Good luck on selling the YJ, sad to see another Jeep go I'm sure. If you're ever out in Az let me know, I'd be happy to show you around some trails.
        USMC F&AM

Comment

moving from the YJ to the LJ doesn't leave a lot of room for nostalgia I *love* the lj. If I wanted to drop the time and money to build something a little more crawler I'd do it to the lj but with the 4.2, d30/35, pugot trans and 31's it's a complete tear down and rebuild. The YJ has to go. I will miss the turning radius though. but the YJ is like a tractor with a passenger seat.

Haha, it's also a little goofy, wide and short, kinda like me

Comment

Hey Dave Welcome to MJR. You definately found the best Jeepin' site on the www.

Our annual event is in a few weeks out at Calico. You shoulld check it out.
            SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
            MJR moderator
            MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
            Jeep Patrol Leader
            Reforestation Supervisor
            Licensed Ham - n6ujm
            Eagle Scout

Comment

Welcome to MJR neighbor. There are a few of us out this way. As Roger said, we will be meeting out in Calico next weekend for a weekend-o-fun.

Comment

Hi Dave,

I'm sure you'll have a great time as I have getting to know the folks in MJR. This is a great forum for those that like to wheel in the SoCal areas.

Bernie

Comment

Hi Dave, Welcome to MJR!
                  "I started out with nothing and still have most of it left."

Comment

Welcome to MJR. This is the best place to meet like minded jeep nuts. Plenty of runs, to jump in on, here. Feel free to join in.
                    It was like that when I got here.

Comment

So, since there doesn't seen to be any kind of social meet planned, I'll throw out a possible meet.

Some of my friends and I have an industrial space in fullerton, it's our clubhouse. We've accumulated welding equipment, a bridgeport mill, a good sized lathe, wood working tools, electronics tools etc. We're a pretty wide-knowledged group of folks. Most of us are more geeky than anything else but we're all also 4x4'ers (jeeps, dodge, old bronco's and blazers) and we do a lot of work on them from our shop.

Once a month we open our doors and have a pot luck, that happens to be this saturday!

So, if you're interested in coming by and meeting some people (me), I'd like to meet some of you guys!

Here's a link to the location: http://tinyurl.com/7a5eltk

Potluck starts at 6 but people hang out all day if you want to come by and just check us out.

If you're coming, I'd like it if you sent me a message or commented that you're coming so I can expect you guys but it's not mandatory.

I'm guessing this is the wrong place to post this, should I bother putting this in the events section or is this fine here?

Comment

I haven't mentioned my welcome to MJR, so welcome!

I need this weekend to do some maintenance on my Jeep, install a brake controller in my truck, etc. before IDTT otherwise I'd entertain coming. There's a brewery in Fullerton I'd love to visit because they've got some great brews (Bootleggers). Thanks for the invite!
                        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Welcome to MJR!
                          [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                          Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                          [/COLOR]

Comment

Nice Rigs and I like the guns too.

Welcome to MJR this is a great place to meet some new wheelers of all walks of life. As stated there is a annual run the weekend of the 31st looks to be about 50 plus people going. Fun trails and awesome mines to explore.

Your shop is like 4 minutes from house so next time you guys open your dorrs send me a PM I will see if I can get by there.
                            [COLOR="red"]Are you seeing planes? Is your name Tattoo? Because I swear to God, you're living on Fantasy Island[/COLOR]

Comment

Welcome to MJR

Comment

Working...
                              X