Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member in Huntington Beach

Hello,
    I just wanted to introduce myself and thank everyone for the great posts that I have been catching up on. I bought my first Jeep last October, an 06 LJ. Stock but for 32's and a budget boost to clear them. I addition to being new to this site, I'm new to 4wd and took my first trip off pavement up to Santiago Peak with my 10 year old, we are both hooked. I'm not sure we will ever make it to full rock crawlers but moderate trails and camping is the goal. I have a lot of "wants" but I'm trying to weigh those with my "needs".
    New bumpers, rock sliders (there is dent in the driver side rocker), CB and obvious lift. My number one goal is to become more mechanical and self sufficient with my Jeep (you may notice my windshield lights are even wired up yet!). If anyone has a project that needs extra hands, please reach out as I would love to help. I do a great job of holding things and fetching beer. Same with the trails, I'd love a mentor.
    Anyway, I'm almost 40, have two kids, two dogs and a great (not interested in Jeepin) wife. I work in surgical sales and live in Huntington Beach, so if you see us cruising by please give a wave!

Hey there! Welcome to MJR! Runs are going all the time; in fact, there's a huge event at the end of the month. Looking forward to meeting you and your family :smile: Hope to see you there!

Lorie
    Jeep Girl

Comment

Welcome to MJR! You'll find lots of folks here who are willing to help on and off the trail.

If you can make it, the IDTT run in a couple weeks is everything you're looking for- wheeling, camping, and meeting lots of new people from this great forum.
      "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

Welcome to MJR! You will feel right at home here!
        SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
        MJR moderator
        MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
        Jeep Patrol Leader
        Reforestation Supervisor
        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
        Eagle Scout

Comment

Hi Hatch! Welcome to MJR!

That LJ is way more capable than you might think. I recommend that you just run some trails and then decide what you need. Santiago is a great run and if you do it this weekend, you might even see some snow!

Calico for IDTT is a great place to do some camping and meet-n-greet. There are trails for all levels in the area.
          I do agree with you that the rocker protection is a 'need'. You might want to look into oil pan and/or transmission pan skids as well.
          [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
          Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
          [/COLOR]

Comment

Welcome! These folks are the best!
            God forgives, rocks don't
            -sons of thunder

Comment

Welcome to MJR!
              Check out .

Comment

Welcome to MJR. Look forward to meeting you out on the trails. IDTT rocks. Try to make it.
                [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Welcome Tyler,

Hope to see you and the family out on a trail camping with us sometime soon.

As Lorie mentioned the IDTT run at the end of this month would be a great run for you to be at. There will be a lot of experienced Jeepers out there and various difficulty levels of runs for you and your kids to enjoy. Although my wife says she enjoys going out wheeling with me (and she does ride with me), I know she would rather stay behind and talk girl stuff with other wives, so have her come along as well.

Comment

Welcome to MJR!
                    "I started out with nothing and still have most of it left."

Comment

Welcome to MJR. This is the best site for a beginner, like yourself. Lots of good, knowledge and experience. Hold off on determining what you need, after a few trips. This hobby,(more like lifestyle) will grab ahold of you. Before, you know it you'll be trying to figure out how to fit dana 60's, on 40's under your jeep. See ya on the trail.
                      It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Thanks so much for the warm welcome. Calico may be tough as we are headed to Joshua Tree with our YMCA Indian Guides troop the weekend prior. Hoping to hit a little dirt while I'm out there as well. Are most of these outing adults only or would my 10 yr old have someone to hang with at night? Thanks and I'll be on the lookout for runs.

Comment

Kids are always welcome.
                          Check out .

Comment

Hi neighbor! Welcome to MJR, as everyone has told you this is a great place to be. We will have to meet up sometime and hit some trails.

Comment

Welcome to MJR, I joined when I was in HB as well. Far as the misses, if she likes to camp and spend time with great people she'll love the Jeep after some MJR outings. I'm jealous of the LJ, those things are great. And Santiago Peak? That is a great trail! The misses and I used to shoot over there for a lunch at the highest peak, after some rain knocked the smog out of the air we could see Catalina on one horizon and the high desert on the other, great spot for a quick trip.

Far as MJR, again to echo those above, you'll learn alot here. I had a CJ in high school but never really knew much, these folks have helped to educate me in the last year and half about Jeeping and the lifestyle that goes with it. I hope we get to meet you on the trail some day!

Again, welcome
                              USMC F&AM

Comment

Working...
                              X