Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member anxious for first group outing.

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WeRubiBlue06 View Post
    Sarah -- Thank you for that I appreciate it.

Roger & Lorie -- I will be signing up for the Veterans Day Run...I just sat my boss down and said "Look YOU ARE going to give me this day off, if not...I've been advised I will be very ill that day!" Guess what, my wife said yes--Lol.

I look forward to meeting you folks you sound like a lot of fun!
    That Rocks Bernado!!! See sometimes... Ya just gotta take the bull by the horns and say. HEY! We Need To Go Wheelin' Dang It! And if they don't understand, you go anyways But only after you've cleaned the house, bought her flowers, finished all those projects you started months ago and cook her dinner for a month; complete with candles and shiny jewerly.
    Jeep Girl

Comment

Welcome to the site.
      Tony
      1A Auto
      CALL ME DIRECT 866-403-3393
      1A Auto Parts Install Videos|1A Aauto Blog

Comment

I know I'm a little behind and probably echoing others... But welcome to MJR, you won't be sad you ever found this place.
        USMC F&AM

Comment

Thank you all for your enthusiastic welcome to MJR--I hope to meeting many of you folks someday and share some good times out on the trails.

Comment

Welcome,

Nice Jeep. I am new here as well. still have not made i tout with anyone yet but they seem to go out at least 1 to 2 times a month. i will be getting out after i put the new lift on.

enjoy,
            Danny
            [COLOR="red"]Are you seeing planes? Is your name Tattoo? Because I swear to God, you're living on Fantasy Island[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by JK08 View Post
              Welcome,

Nice Jeep. I am new here as well. still have not made i tout with anyone yet but they seem to go out at least 1 to 2 times a month. i will be getting out after i put the new lift on.

enjoy,
              Danny
              Thank you Danny

I am looking forward to my first group trail run on "Veterans Day Run" on Nov. 11th. hope you can make it out.

Comment

Welcome to MJR. That is a clean TJ. I hope your not afraid of scratching it. LOL. After the 1st one you don't even think about it,anymore. See ya on the trail.
                It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tumbleweed13 View Post
                  Welcome to MJR. That is a clean TJ. I hope your not afraid of scratching it. LOL. After the 1st one you don't even think about it,anymore. See ya on the trail.
                  Some roadrash would be acceptable but not sheet metal damage. I do get a bit daring and others would say crazy, I guess I feel safe in the rollcage. A matter a fact just this weekend I mentioned to the wife that I would guess that if you are in this offroad lifestyle, long enough it's more when you roll over not if. In seeing so many YouTube vids where jeeps flop to the side or complete rollover I can only guess eventually it will happen. Do you folks think that is true--How common is it to roll either on the side or over?

In the future I would like to buy a beat up TJ and use it for the body damage guaranted type of runs, for sure I have no plans of taking this TJ on those runs.

Comment

Depends on the trails you choose to do. Plus time and use can change a hard trail to, crazy hard or easier then last time you did it. I know plenty of guys that have wheeled for years and never rolled. It's just one of those things. When you drive your car to the market, you don't worry about totaling your car. But it can happen.Be prepared for the worst, and hope for the best. The nice thing about crawling, most of the incidents I've witnessed, were slow flops on the side, not violent rolls.
                    It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Originally posted by WeRubiBlue06 View Post
                      Some roadrash would be acceptable but not sheet metal damage. I do get a bit daring and others would say crazy, I guess I feel safe in the rollcage. A matter a fact just this weekend I mentioned to the wife that I would guess that if you are in this offroad lifestyle, long enough it's more when you roll over not if. In seeing so many YouTube vids where jeeps flop to the side or complete rollover I can only guess eventually it will happen. Do you folks think that is true--How common is it to roll either on the side or over?

In the future I would like to buy a beat up TJ and use it for the body damage guaranted type of runs, for sure I have no plans of taking this TJ on those runs.
                      Unless you've replaced the stock setup, you don't have a roll cage, you have a "sport bar". It might save your life if you roll, but your Jeep could be toast. If you're really concerned about safety for you and your Jeep, a full cage is the way to go. Same with some new seats and 5-point harnesses. Ask around a lot of MJR members have great advice/tips about their cages.

I have been wheeling for a few years without a roll. I don't do the extreme JV trails, just the moderately hard ones. Light on the skinny pedal is my key. Also, some people end up rolling/flopping when they least expect it because they "take their eye off the ball". Just because an obstacle seems easy, or a turn doesn't seem steep, doesn't mean it isn't.
                      If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

That's so true..I've been wheelin for 12 years..first 10 in a toyota 4x4. I only just recently flopped her, and on what most would consider an easy part of the trail. Since then, I've considered getting one of those tilt devices so I know how much room I have left to go sideways before another flop. I also went for the Rock Hard Roll Cage myself...feel safe in it
                        Jeep Girl

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I'll definitely look into the 5-point seats and a good/better roll cage. Nice to know that you guys have been doing this for so long with little to no roll/flops. BTW...I just looked into the Rock Hard Roll Cage and that seems doable. Being this is my son's DD I am interested in safety and will look into the seat as well. Lately after school he and his best friend which just got a YJ for himself have been going to local areas doing some wheelin and that concerns me because I still remember what I would have done at his age (Nov. will be 17) with a vehicle like this.

Again thanks for the advice.

Comment

I am also in Moreno Valley and work at March. I am one of the lucky Toyota guys on this site. The MJR crew(ones I have met) are a great groupd of people. Very centered on the preservation of our Hobby and our trails by wheeling responsibly and having the best Adopt A Trail teams out there. Welcome to the site, you and your son will learn tons of usefull information.

Comment

That's awesome Micheal, if you ever need a fellow wheeler to go along with you on a run please let me know. Off and on I've been doing some off roading for a long time. Although I'm new to the organized group wheeling I do have some off roading experience. We look forward to hooking up with local wheeler to learn some of the local trails. We are scheduled to run our first group run on Nov. 11 and then on the 12th I have something going on that I will need to go to. If I had known about the "OFF ROADING FOR OUR HEROES VETERAN’S DAY WEEKEND" November 11-13, 2011" I would have done that instead. I would love for my son and I to be a part of that, if you guys think a stock 04 Liberty (Limited) could go though the trails on that event I would go in both of our Jeeps, this way my son would drive his and I would drive the Liberty and have us both give back to our hero's.

Man, I can't wait till next year to be a part of that!! Take care and please don't hesitate to call on us if you would like or need an additional jeeper going out with you. I'll keep my eye out for your 4runner out in town. If you see my patriot blue TJ around town unfortunately the odds are that it will be my lucky punk kid driving it--we'll be looking out for the 4Runner.
                              Last edited by WeRubiBlue06; 10-14-11, 01:55 PM.

Comment

The off roading for our Heroes event will have all levels of trails involved. Green circle(easiest), Blue Square(more difficult) and Black Diamond(most difficult). If your Liberty is 4wd it should have no problems with any of the green trails and most of the blues would be fine. Since it is mid November I would suggest bringing chains along. I will look for your Rubi, however with being a popular vehicle and color it might be difficult to pull out of the crowd. My 4 Runner is pretty easy to spot since you dont see to many modified. Here is a pic so you know what to watch for, give a honk and the "Jeep" wave if you spot me.

Make sure to get my attention if you see me. Hope to see you on the trail soon or around town.
                                Last edited by Pikeman; 10-14-11, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X