Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member anxious for first group outing.

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member anxious for first group outing.

Well, hello to all my Jeep-loving friends (or soon to be friends):

This is my story. Since I can remember, even before I could drive, I've wanted to own my own 4X4. It all started with the Toyota 4Runner from the mid 80’s when I was in high school, then it turned to Jeep Wranglers. My first driving experience with a Jeep was a 95 Jeep Wrangler that my dad bought for himself and I drove occasionally. That is when I fell in love with the Wranglers and promised myself I was going to own my own Jeep Wrangler someday.

Making a long story short, I now own--I mean share, well okay, I get to drive occasionally a 2006 Jeep Rubicon. It’s really my son’s first car, which I made sure was a Jeep Wrangler that we’d share. He's now totally hooked on it as well. He even encouraged his best friend to get a Jeep Wrangler for his first vehicle and he just recently got a YJ.

I have not had an opportunity to take it out with a group on any trails yet, but I’m hopeful that I can accomplish this long awaited goal soon with a group of you from MJR. We've only gone around some local areas and once in the SB Mountains near Silverwood Lake—I couldn’t even say what trail I took just know I was overlooking Silverwood Lake from the SB Mountains.

I look forward to hitting the trails and making new friend with you folks from MJR.

Welcome to MJR!!

I had a Toyota 4x4 for 10 years...bought my Jeep Jan 2010. I will NEVER drive anything else! And ya can't keep me out of it! I go wheeling probably more than I should (being it's my DD too) 9 times out 10, if you ask me to go, I'll go!

You'll love MJR! Nicest people, tons of info, and Bad jokes!!! LOL

See ya on the trails!
    Lorie
    Jeep Girl

Comment

Welcome to MJR! Let's see some pics of that rig!
      "I started out with nothing and still have most of it left."

Comment

Thank you Lorie, I’ll try to keep an eye out for when you’re going out or if you could send a heads up as to when and where; we’ll try to meet up with you.

Comment

Originally posted by WeRubiBlue06 View Post
          Thank you Lorie, I’ll try to keep an eye out for when you’re going out or if you could send a heads up as to when and where; we’ll try to meet up with you.
          I just ran Calico ..and plan on doing the Veterans Day run...but, there's no way I can go a month without wheeling. So, I will post up the next one I do..or maybe someone will post one up that isn't 4+ hours away...I can't do those weekends back to back. Too much driving for me out here on the beach and the gas ain't cheap! Keep your eyes on the Trail Rides and Events thread. There's always stuff going on!
          Jeep Girl

Comment

Trying to post pics of the rig now by way of an album in my profile...hope it work!

Comment

Originally posted by MY4D9WILLYS View Post
              Welcome to MJR! Let's see some pics of that rig!
              Okay, so just added an album to my profile of the rig.

Comment

Nice Rig!! Now, throw the family in the Jeep and let's go play on some rocks!
                Jeep Girl

Comment

Welcome to MJR Bernardo. I garrantee you will find someone here to go wheelin with, just about every weekend. And you're in MV so you're already close to BB and great trails to wheel on.
                  [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                  [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                  http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Welcome to MJR. this is the the best, award winning Jeepin' forum on the .www! There's a trip planned for Veteran's day up Rattlesnkae Canyon. If you're free that day, come join us. See the thread & calendar regarding it(There's ample time to put in for the day off at work!)

Oh, and do not believe IH8RDS. She goes bizerk if she goes two weeks without wheeling. Not the month she would lead you to believe
                    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                    MJR moderator
                    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                    Jeep Patrol Leader
                    Reforestation Supervisor
                    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                    Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                      Welcome to MJR. this is the the best, award winning Jeepin' forum on the .www! There's a trip planned for Veteran's day up Rattlesnkae Canyon. If you're free that day, come join us. See the thread & calendar regarding it(There's ample time to put in for the day off at work!)

Oh, and do not believe IH8RDS. She goes bizerk if she goes two weeks without wheeling. Not the month she would lead you to believe
                      Haha...at the risk of sounding too forward being that I'm so new here, that's funny about what you wrote about IH8RDS. From the enthusiasum I read in here posts, I lean towards believing you. Is this a one day trip? I'll ask my boss for the day off but he is a real Adam Henry when giving time off!! Lol. I'll go to the link and read it more carefully, the thing is I have something tentatively planned for the 12th. But maybe I could be there Friday.

Comment

Yes it's a day run. Just tell your boss that you will have the flu that day so you need it off! Hey it might work! Of course you should believe me, I'm a MJR moderator! (just Kidding!)
                        SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                        MJR moderator
                        MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                        Jeep Patrol Leader
                        Reforestation Supervisor
                        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                        Eagle Scout

Comment

We haven't even met yet Roger and you know me so well!

Originally posted by WeRubiBlue06 View Post
                          Haha...at the risk of sounding too forward being that I'm so new here, that's funny about what you wrote about IH8RDS. From the enthusiasum I read in here posts, I lean towards believing you. Is this a one day trip? I'll ask my boss for the day off but he is a real Adam Henry when giving time off!! Lol. I'll go to the link and read it more carefully, the thing is I have something tentatively planned for the 12th. But maybe I could be there Friday.
                          Yes it's a day run. Just tell your boss that you will have the flu that day so you need it off! Hey it might work! Of course you should believe me, I'm a MJR moderator! (just Kidding!)
                          Calling in sick- That's what I have done...errrr..I mean, would do. Just sayin'!

And, Bernardo- you just wait. You start hangin out here...your disease will become as bad as mine. (well, almost)
                          Last edited by I H8RDS; 10-11-11, 04:26 AM.
                          Jeep Girl

Comment

Welcome aboard, your jeep rocks
                            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Sarah -- Thank you for that I appreciate it.

Roger & Lorie -- I will be signing up for the Veterans Day Run...I just sat my boss down and said "Look YOU ARE going to give me this day off, if not...I've been advised I will be very ill that day!" Guess what, my wife said yes--Lol.

I look forward to meeting you folks you sound like a lot of fun!

Comment

Working...
                              X