Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Buying 2012 JUP

New to off roading, but I'm planning to order a new 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon by year end. Domiciled in New Orleans area.

Will be trading in a 2006 Silverado Crew Cab Z71.

Plan to take trails that would be considered challenging for novice off roaders. I read somewhere the trail rank would be a 3 - 5.

Mark

Welcome to the best Jeep forum! Keep us posted on that pentastar engine. Sounds like an improvement over the 3.8
    God forgives, rocks don't
    -sons of thunder

Comment

Welcome to MJR. Great choice going with the Rubicon.
      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
      MJR moderator
      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

save $30,000 and buy a 1994 Wrangler YJ 4.0L manual for about $4,000. Take $15,000 of your savings and turn it into very capable trail rig that you don't mind getting a few dings on Are you planning on taking the Jeep into the buyou? I went to Tulane.. roll wave

Comment

You are going to love it. I just bought a 2012 Dozer JKU about two weeks ago. Traded in my GT500 for it.

Never had a Jeep before and never thought about them until my wife started looking for cars.

We also have an SVT Raptor and it's amazing how capable and different each one is.

Good luck to you and your new order

Deep Cherry is stunning in person.

Comment

Welcome to MJR! This is a great site! Nice people and a wealth of information. You're going to love your Rubicon! I used to live out that way; Gulfport MS. Hurricane Katrina had me packing and coming back home after I lost my house and job. They flew away lol Have a great time out there!
            Jeep Girl

Comment

Welcome, nice to see someone else from Louisiana on the boards! I grew up north of Lake Charles :-)
              [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
              www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Welcome to the site.
                Tony
                1A Auto
                CALL ME DIRECT 866-403-3393
                1A Auto Parts Install Videos|1A Aauto Blog

Comment

Welcome to MJR! On the LA note, I have family in Lake Charles. I'd have to echo VW, but being as I'm a square as well I guess I'm biased.
                  USMC F&AM

Comment

Working...
                  X