Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes I break a lot

I have an 03 TJ jeep, It has some stuff. I used to have a 66 CJ, it really broke a lot :-), On my 03, which I bought new, I have a long arm 4.5 lift, a 2"body lift, some real beadlocks wiht 37's, some better axles, one from dynatrac (a hi pinion 44), one mish mosh of spidertrax, currie, true hi-9, detroit locker etc... (its broke hard right now) I got one of those Rubicrawlers from AA (I like it a lot), one of those easy disconnects, an upgraded steering system, a bolt in roll cage upgrade, one of those really annoyin steroes with multiple amps and sub-woofers, the usual bolt in engine mods that still dont make the 4.0 pull that well, a custom built trailer I use to tow into the trail once in a while, all those skid plates you need, not one bit of body armor, jeeps are for denting, not making into an overweight tank, some bumpers, the rear bumper has been upgraded a bunch so it stops bending, a good relaible winch, my jeep stuff is getting to the point it is rusty on some stuff and I need to deal with that someday, I have burnt up my automatic tranny three times now, that with only 45k on it since new. 42 RLE=sucks,

I have done some good trails, the ususal stuff, Rubicon, weeks of different trails in Moab (not during the safari tho), dusy, miller etc.., paniment, fordyce, some place by King City, the beach, other places, I want to go the the hammers in Johnson Valley someday,

I am proud to be a volonteer member of the Jeepers Jamboree cook crew, even if I only haul food in/out and out for the real cooks :-), that is a great week every year.

I like to do my own work on the jeep, I carry a lot of spare parts and tools, I am always the dirtiest person on a trail, and I have as much fun helping/teaching others as I do wheeling.

My name is George and I have not been a member of a Jeep forum in years. If you have a question about a jeep, I will have an opinion and will offer what 16+ years on the trail have taught me :-)

Glad you decided to check out the site. It's really a great group of people! Welcome to MJR!
    Jeep Girl

Comment

Welcome George! got any photos of your jeep? :-D
      [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
      www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

You sound just like half the guys on here. I think you will fit in rather nicely! Welcome to MJR! See you on the trails. Oh, since you have a Vandenberg address, I assume you're Air Force. Many thanks for your service to our country.
        SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
        MJR moderator
        MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
        Jeep Patrol Leader
        Reforestation Supervisor
        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
        Eagle Scout

Comment

Thanks all

I am a civilian in the AF, however, I get the honor of working wiht some of our contry's finest every day :-)

Comment

Welcome to the site
            Tony
            1A Auto
            CALL ME DIRECT 866-403-3393
            1A Auto Parts Install Videos|1A Aauto Blog

Comment

Working...
            X