Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guy in Mission Viejo & Colorado River

Hello to All,
    My name is Gene and I was referred to MJR by another guy that I emailed with on Craiglist in Orange County, while looking for some parts for my Jeep.

First about me and my family. I live in Mission Viejo and also have a place out at Lost Lake, on the Colorado River, 31 miles north of Blythe, on the CA side. That's where the jeep is kept. I've been married to Barbara for 31 years, have two boys - Wade (22) and Garret (26) and a granddaughter - Gracie (5) - by Garret. We have a dog - Erin (black tri Australian Shepherd, female, 2 years old), two black cats - Oreo and Pitchy - and three birds - Kachina (Meyers parrot), Avalon (Catalina macaw) and newest bird, Grey Bird (African Grey - previous owner called it Misty, but we think he's a boy, so DNA test is pending so we can name accordingly).

The jeep is a 1981 CJ7. Have had it about 7 years now. We totally stripped it and sanded it down to bare metal, with, fortunately, very little body rust. Put 5 coats of primer and then 2 coats of basic grey paint. Has 33" BFG's on chrome slotted wheels, black tube front/rear bumpers and nerf bars, Warn winch, basic roll cage and Besttop bimini cover, stock 258 engine (which I'd like to replace some day). We pretty much use the Jeep for launching our pontoon boat and/or jet skis, and then in winter do some mild off-roading, either to the river beach or up into the 'mountains' to some of the copper mines or up to Big River for dinner or a cold one.

Not a super off-roader, but definitely a Jeep enthusiast. Hope to find deals on parts and get some technical info from some of you 'wrenchers' here.
    Gene

welcome to the site
    Tony
    1A Auto
    CALL ME DIRECT 866-403-3393
    1A Auto Parts Install Videos|1A Aauto Blog

Comment

Welcome to MJR! You have joined the best Jeepin' forun in the .www
      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
      MJR moderator
      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

Gene,

Welcome to MJR. Lost Lake is a cool spot on the river. I have been several times for the annual chili cookoff. Sounds like good usage of the Jeep.

Mitch

Comment

Working...
        X