Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to MJR

Hey MJR members my names Jess Im from North Edwards Ca. I have a 06TJ with 4.5 AEV & Currie lift, 35" tires, superior axle kits with ARBs front and rear. I spent alot of time up in Big Bear this summer and was there last weekend with Rebel 4x4. Just waitin for weather to cool off to try some new areas like Calico, Johnson Valley and Panamints etc. So Ill be checkin daily to see if anyone is making runs to anywhere kinda close to me, I look forward to meeting and wheelin with new people.
    I did it just the way you told me too!!!

Welcome to MJR. Sounds like a nice rig-throw up some pics! See you on the trails!
    Jeep Girl

Comment

Welcome to the site
      Tony
      1A Auto
      CALL ME DIRECT 866-403-3393
      1A Auto Parts Install Videos|1A Aauto Blog

Comment

Welcome to MJR. Put Cougar Butts on your list. Its a fun spot.
        It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I opened a photobucket account, here's some pics ! @ tummbleweed 13- is cougar buttes in johnson valley?
          http://s1132.photobucket.com/albums/m566/DzrtRat99/

Comment

Welcome....and to answer your Cougar BUttes questions...it is definitely in JV....and your Jeep looks well prepared for fun in Cougar Buttes!
            Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

CB is an awesome place to have a lot of fun. Welcome to MJR, you'll find some of the best folks around right here.
              USMC F&AM

Comment

Welcome aboard!!

Scott
                "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Welcome to MJR! This is the best Jeepin' website on the planet. Technecally, Cougar Buttes is just outside the official boundary of JV.
                  SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                  MJR moderator
                  MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                  Jeep Patrol Leader
                  Reforestation Supervisor
                  Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                  Eagle Scout

Comment

Hey thanks for the tips on Cougar Buttes, Ill definately be putting that one on my list when weather cools a bit more. How about Doran and Odessa in Calico thats another one Id like to do real soon, maybe nxt month. Pretty much the hardest trails Ive done are John Bull, Dishpan and Holcomb Creek. So can someone give me a comparison in difficulty between Calico and Big Bear, thanks for the info.

Comment

I've done those trails in Calico. Like most trails, you have your areas where it really challenges you...I just ran all the trails out there in BB. I think Big Bear is harder. Doran Loop and Odessa are good, but I think BB is harder. Just my 2 cents
                      Jeep Girl

Comment

Welcome to MJR!
                        "I started out with nothing and still have most of it left."

Comment

Originally posted by DzrtRat View Post
                          Thanks for the replies. I opened a photobucket account, here's some pics ! @ tummbleweed 13- is cougar buttes in johnson valley?
                          http://s1132.photobucket.com/albums/m566/DzrtRat99/
                          You get there the same way you get to JV if your coming from Hespiria. You turn off the 247 at camp rock road. It's north east from there.

The Calico area is fun. There's one section of Duran that is a monster. There's a big hole in the middle that eats jeeps whole. Fortunately there is a by-pass til your ready. The rest is fun, and not to hard.
                          It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Tumbleweed13, thanks for the info. Ive actually been down camprock once before. Didnt really know where any of the trails were but saw alot of tire marks on the rocks, area looks like alot of fun. Calico sounds like the place to be for the last weekend in October (Halloween)...Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                            X