Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• firewalker909 checking in

Firewalker909 checking in from Yucaipa. I bought a '73 CJ5 last October and have been slowly getting it into shape for trail running since. I have always had 4x4's starting with a '71 Bronco back in the '80's.

I have taken it out in the hills near my home, but I am looking forward to doing some real trail wheeling soon. My CJ isn't much to look at, but it runs pretty well.

Welcome to MJR! You won't be sad to wheel with anyone here. Post up some pictures of your Jeep, let's check it out! Hope to meet you on the trail sometime, and I feel your pain on building the CJ, I had a '79 CJ5 and it was tough to figure out who's parts I needed for each section of the Jeep. Mechanics get you home safely, looks get you noticed by the CHP.
    USMC F&AM

Comment

Welcome to MJR! You just joined the best Jeepin' website on the planet. You're gonna like it here!
      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
      MJR moderator
      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

Welcome aboard! I'm a newbie to site as well; but not to wheelin'! :^)

A handful of us hit the trails/camp 3 weekends a month every month. Your more than welcome to hop on a run. We'll be in the Fraizer Park area this weekend, hitting up Miller Jeep trail and others. Calico, Big Bear and Red Rock area are in the works as well.

Hope to wheel with ya soon!
        Jeep Girl

Comment

Thanks for the nice welcomes. This is great to find a forum for folks in our area. Hopefully I'll be able to get out on the trails soon. I am trying to post a picture of my Jeep. Lets see if it works.

Nope didn't work. I'll keep trying.
          Last edited by firewalker909; 08-05-11, 11:50 AM. Reason: Pic didn't come through

Comment

Ok. I think I have it this time. Here is my '73 relaxing in the shade on the patio.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-06-15_18-55-36_429.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	358210

Comment

Nice! I can hear her screamin' at you to get her out and get her dirty!
              Jeep Girl

Comment

Nice jeep. Ken I live in Yucaipa also, so any time you want to go out let me know.
                IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Originally posted by firewalker909 View Post
                  Ok. I think I have it this time. Here is my '73 relaxing in the shade on the patio.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]749[/ATTACH]
                  Didn't we talk with you a while back on a Saturday afternoon in the Cougar Buttes area?

Comment

Thanks, Curtis. I appreciate the offer. I still have a few small things I want to get done with the CJ before venturing to far off the road. I definitely want to get out on some trails before too long.

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                      Didn't we talk with you a while back on a Saturday afternoon in the Cougar Buttes area?
                      I wish it was. Sounds like a great place to spend a Saturday. On the other hand, I can't believe somebody is running around out there with a CJ5 as ugly as mine.

Comment

There's no such thing as an ugly CJ...
                        SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                        MJR moderator
                        MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                        Jeep Patrol Leader
                        Reforestation Supervisor
                        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                        Eagle Scout

Comment

X2 Roger!
                          God forgives, rocks don't
                          -sons of thunder

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                            There's no such thing as an ugly CJ...
                            Very true.

Comment

Welcome to MJR. Theres nothing pur-dy-er then a jeep on the trail. No matter what the jeep looks like.
                              It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Working...
                              X