Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello from LA!

Hello all! I'm new here, living in Culver City (moving to Westchester this week) and working in and around Santa Monica and Venice at various studios.

Have had my jeep for about 10 months now, looking to get together with some groups to hit some more difficult trails. I initially got the jeep to get me access to more areas for photography (I like photographing landscapes, rocks, trees and vehicles) but now I'm pretty sure I have the jeep bug I'm a visual effects CG artist for commercials and feature films, and like to get out hiking and (more recently) offroading to get away from being inside and on a computer.

I'm pretty sure my jeep is capable enough to take most trails that aren't super difficult rock crawling, it's me that needs to learn how to handle it in more difficult situations. Right now it has 2" BDS spring lift, 1.25" body lift, JJ rear control arms, new front and rear driveshafts (tom wood's on the rear, new factory on the front) currie HD steering, warn hub conversion, M8000 winch, line-x interior tub, beedlock wheels and 32x10.5" tires (hoping to go 35" tires with metalcloak fenders later this year, and maybe a bit more spring lift but not much more) and then the factory rubicon d44 axles (now with superior axles up front) and factory lockers, 4.10 gears, 6 speed and 4:1 transfer case. I think that's about it. hah! I ended up doing alot more to the jeep than what I initially was thinking, but it caught on to me :-D After the 35" tires, metalcloak fenders and probably some upgraded skids, hopfully I'm finished upgrading things (accept if something brakes). but, we'll see, haha!

I've been on a good amount of mild trails, just got back from a 10,000 mile trip across the US where I got a chance to wheel a bit in different areas. I mostly like rocks and hard packed dirt, not much a fan of mud or water. I'm comfortable driving it offroad, but wanting to learn to take more difficult trails.

Anyway, here's my jeep, and here me Hope to join yall on some trails sometime soon! Look forward to wheeling with and learning from those who are more seasoned and experienced than myself.

Last edited by daniel_buck; 06-14-11, 03:33 PM.
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
    www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Nice jeep. Welcome to MJR. Once you get bitten by the Jeep'n there's no turning back. Jeeps are never finished. There's always a better newer part out there. Good luck. Check out the trail rides thread. There's always a run go'n on.
    It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Welocme to MJR! Nice looking Jeep, but what Tumbleweed said, Jeeps are never finished!
      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
      MJR moderator
      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

Welcome to MJR! It's a great site, you'll love it here.
        "I started out with nothing and still have most of it left."

Comment

Thanks, I look forward to wheeling with some of yall soon :-)
          [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab

Comment

Welcome, you found the place to be. And don't worry, you will be driving the more difficult trails like a pro if you hang out with this crowd...

Comment

hah, good to know that

Comment

Working...
              X