Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Jeep/toyota or whatever you want to call it

hey all,

My name is Scott and I have two Jeeps!!!!! A 1990 XJ on 30's with a 3" rancho(now like stock now though). Then my wheeler is a 2001 TJ with 8,650 miles on it as of today. My TJ/taco is as fellows:

a stock dana 30(open diff)
    Engine, steering box, 4XD's rocker panels, and kilby's gas tank skid plate.
    HS 9500i warn winch
    6" RE long arms in the front
    all pro 5" Toyota leafs in the rear.
    AA SYE on the np231 t case.
    1999 Toyota tacoma rear diff with 4.10's with toyota's e-locker.
    oh ya and 37" MTR's!

Well I think thats about it!
    2001 TACOJ-7 with RE 6" long arm kit and 4" all pro lonp travel leaf springs in the rear with 37" MTR's, Kilby's gas tank skid plate, 4XDoctors rocker panels, Skid Row engine skid and steering box skid plate, M.O.R.E steering brace etc.. 99 Toyota Tacoma rear axle with 4.10's and E-locker, and 78 HP Dana 44 front with waggy axle shafts, flat tops, manual hubs, with chevy brakes.

1990 XJ With 30's

2001 TACOJ-7 with RE 6" long arm kit and 4" all pro lonp travel leaf springs in the rear with 37" MTR's, Kilby's gas tank skid plate, 4XDoctors rocker panels, Skid Row engine skid and steering box skid plate, M.O.R.E steering brace etc.. 99 Toyota Tacoma rear axle with 4.10's and E-locker, and 78 HP Dana 44 front with waggy axle shafts, flat tops, manual hubs, with chevy brakes.

1990 XJ With 30's

Comment

1990 XJ With 30's

Comment

right on MAN. Glad you found us. Good looking TJ you got there. I'm going to have a couple questions for you about the rear leafs Welcome!
        [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69
          right on MAN. Glad you found us. Good looking TJ you got there. I'm going to have a couple questions for you about the rear leafs Welcome!
          thanks and Ask away!. This winter me and my friend are going to build a rear bumper, and Ill also start building a HP dana 60 for the front I hope.

1990 XJ With 30's

Comment

hey man! welcome aboard! your jeep rocks!
            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
              hey man! welcome aboard! your jeep rocks!
              Thanks, but will never be done lol. I started out with a new stock TJ in 3/8/01 with 7 miles and within 6 months I had the RE 4.5" lift with 33's and now rear leafs and the long arms in the front(which I said I would never do). I wish I did this all the first time!:mad:

1990 XJ With 30's

Comment

Originally posted by Trailbst
                Good looking Jeep Tacoj-7. Those are some cool and innovative ideas. Welcome to the group.
                Thanks and it's nice to be here

1990 XJ With 30's

Comment

Hey Scott...

Welcome to our humble abode...Your Jeep is looking GREAT!

Tam
                  2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                  Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal
                    Hey Scott...

Welcome to our humble abode...Your Jeep is looking GREAT!

Tam
                    thanks, now only if I was done with it. I still need to hook up the Ebrake lol. I have had the toyota diff in there 6 months lol.

1990 XJ With 30's

Comment

E-brakes?? What are those?? I have the cable for my old Jeep, now I just need the yoke to attach to the arm. I might have to fab one myself. We'll see what happens.
                      I need an e-brake because am an auto and it goes tooo fast down the hills!

1990 XJ With 30's

Comment

Oh, now I see. Quick question for you, how do YOU figure the overall gearing of your Jeep??
                        I run in to a web site that gave all that stuff. Ill see if I can find it for u. Autos are always under load when in drive sticks are not.

1990 XJ With 30's

Comment

Originally posted by TACOJ-7
                          I run in to a web site that gave all that stuff. Ill see if I can find it for u. Autos are always under load when in drive sticks are not.
                          I think he means crawl ratio. There was a debate about. manual vs. auto crawl ratios
                          Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69
                            I think he means crawl ratio. There was a debate about. manual vs. auto crawl ratios
                            I know what he was talking about, and thats what I was talking about . YOU CANN'T GET AUTOS AS LOW AS STICKS. Auto's are always under load when in drive. You can get a auto to crawl and walk with it, but sticks can still go lower. A stock auto Jeep brakes can only go with a atlas 3. If you go any lower your brakes will be over powered.

1990 XJ With 30's

Comment

Originally posted by TACOJ-7
                              I know what he was talking about, and thats what I was talking about . YOU CANN'T GET AUTOS AS LOW AS STICKS. Auto's are always under load when in drive. You can get a auto to crawl and walk with it, but sticks can still go lower. A stock auto Jeep brakes can only go with a atlas 3.8. If you go any lower your brakes will be over powered.
                              AHHHHH, duh sometimes I post w/o thinking

huh
                              Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Working...
                              X