Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 TJ Cruzer

Just moved back to oceanside about 3 years ago, I have a 97 jeep wrangler with a 2in BB, 31 BFGs, and many engine mods. Since I have moved here from texas I have not had a chance to go offroad. Right now my rig is my one and only ride. I sold my other 2 trucks. Until I get my wife another ride then I will feel comfy going offroad. Until then I am just a cruzer. Look forward to talking jeep. Happy 4 Wheeling my fellow wheelers.

Welcome back!

Hope you get to wheel soon!!

Comment

O yeah, hopfully real soon, I do only have 31s and a 2in BB, I at least need to get my discos for some mild wheeling. Thanks

Comment

One more Oceanside Jeeper. I'm fresh out of Jeeps but if you ever need another wrench let me know. Welcome to MJR.
        Those left standing
        Will make millions
        Writing books on ways
        It should have been
        -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

I have two Jeeps. One wrangler (97 TJ), one Wife Jeep. Unfortunately I don't get out nearly as much as I want to with a 2-1/2 year old and a 1 year old at home. That, combined with too many hobbies, good offroading being too far away, the people closest to me sold their Jeeps, and I only maybe get out a half dozen times a year.
          If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

You'll do fine...

I run 31's w/ a 2 1/2 in lift, open diffs, AND a 4 banger! I seem to get thru pretty well. I've run Dishpan, Heartbreak, and a few other "difficults"...I just go a little slower and am familiar with my Hi Lift from time to time!!!

Comment

Welcome back and welcome to MJR!
              "I started out with nothing and still have most of it left."

Comment

Thanks guys, hey what type of 2 1/2in lift are you running?

Comment

Rancho. It was on the jeep when I bought it. On the more difficult trails - I'll usually scrape either a leaf or a diff. That's why I bought the Warn diff skid plate covers.

Comment

Welcome to MJR - the best Jeepin' site on the www
                    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                    MJR moderator
                    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                    Jeep Patrol Leader
                    Reforestation Supervisor
                    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                    Eagle Scout

Comment

Welcome aboard!

You might want to consider this option for a quick and inexpensive way to get discos:
                      http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=380
                      [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                      Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                      [/COLOR]

Comment

Thanks I remember this mod, I might have to do that if I do not get discos for xmas

Comment

Originally posted by red baron 13 View Post
                          Rancho. It was on the jeep when I bought it. On the more difficult trails - I'll usually scrape either a leaf or a diff. That's why I bought the Warn diff skid plate covers.
                          Yes I gotta get some skids for diffs, The only skid I have right now is a Kilby steering box skid. Really need them with just a BB and 31s

Comment

Yeah, they are definitely worth the investment. Was topping the fluid in my diffs off the other night and noticed some nice "rock modification" marks to both...when u get set to hit the trails @ SBNF - let me know. Since I'm a smaller rig; I nvested in a winch. Always willing to run trails and with the winch -- can get us 31 guys thru the shit (usually!!)

Comment

Working...
                            X