Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Newbie" says HI!

Hello Jeepers!

My name is Daniel, and I used to be a young man driving a CJ7 back in the Midwest in the late eighties. Now I own a carwash/detail center in Inland Empire (Ontario), not young anymore, and went back to the Jeeps! Purchased (recently) a 1998 TJ in a need of some work (new clutch and new hood). The Jeep is black, has 180K on the odometer, and it was owned since new by a nice lady from Wyoming.

I am in the process of fixing it up, and it will be my DD (parking the X5 for the time being). Jeep makes me feel young again, and I love wrenching on it (installed 3" suspension lift, tune up, and rock sliders), although my back keeps reminding me of the years that went by.

Anyway,....it's good to be here, and I'm looking forward to some knowledge about TJs. Oh, my newly found friend and (almost) a neighbor, Tito (the owner of "Jeeps4All") turned me onto this site.
    Keep on rocking!

In Ontario you are close to a lot of good Jeeping. Sounds like your TJ is ready to conquer most of the trails in Big Bear and some out in Leucern Valley. And I know what you mean about your Jeep making you feel young again. I’m 25 and when I ride around in my Jeep it makes me feel five years younger.
    Those left standing
    Will make millions
    Writing books on ways
    It should have been
    -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Welcome aboard from a fellow midwesterner
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Welcome to MLR,you will find more info for a TJ on here then you want to know. CJ's Rock
        Dennis and Tammy
        Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Welcome to MJR. Lots of runs on the weekend here.
          I'll keep my money, guns and freedom...you can keep the "Change".

Comment

Thanks Guys (and Sarah!)! TJ is a completely different animal from my old CJ7 V8 with Quadratrack. My "new" TJ is a 4,0 completely stock (except the wheels/tires and the lift) and with the stick of course. It's currently in the body shop to have the hood painted and installed, and I can't wait to get it out. After I installed 3" suspension lift, I got the "vibes", so I am going to lift the engine, and change the rear drive shaft. LOL, these things are sure a money pit! So many things I want to do. By the time I'm done with it, I'll be sooo "deep" in it, I'll never sell it!
            This site looks like a home to bunch of good people willing to help and offer advices. I'm sure I'll stick around. BTW, my German Shepperd loves the Jeep (removed the back seat just for her!).

Comment

Welcome to MJR! You hit pay dirt. There's no better Jeepin' website on the planet!
              SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
              MJR moderator
              MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
              Jeep Patrol Leader
              Reforestation Supervisor
              Licensed Ham - n6ujm
              Eagle Scout

Comment

Welcome
                Head nut at Outdoorlogic
                Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials
                www.facebook.com/outdoorlogic

Comment

Congrats on the new purchase. TJ's are really capable(after you make the investment of the upgrades). the modification bug is hard to get rid of once you start. That is why there is the saying " you're never finished with a build"

Comment

Working...
                  X