Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New JK owners...

Hey Everyone,

My wife and I just got a 2010 surf blue JK unlimited a few weeks ago. We ran into Mike, Rat Patrol and a few others up in Big Bear over the 4th of July. That was our first "real" run.

We are looking to build up a fairly capable trail rig. So hopefully after our Mini sells we can get the mods started.

Cheers,
    Andy and Candace

Welcome to MJR. There are plenty of trails you can run without modification. Somtimes though, building a Jeep is just as much fun as driving it. Good luck with the sale of your Mini. I remember for the first four or five years the Mini was out they were famus for holding their value better than any other car. Do you have a plan for your first modifications?
    -Scott
    Those left standing
    Will make millions
    Writing books on ways
    It should have been
    -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Weren’t you the group we met at the end of White Mountain? Welcome to MJR. Glad you found us. Great group of people here.
      Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by Onlyontwo View Post
        Hey Everyone,

We ran into Mike, Rat Patrol and a few others up in Big Bear over the 4th of July.
        You shouldn't go around telling people that. They will think you're trouble...
        Welcome to MJR. Let the fun begin.
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Let the Jeep virus take hold and hang on for the ride lol

Comment

That was us...

Yeah, that was my wife and I and a few of our friends. My buddy with the XJ did one run with me and last week went and bought a built 2000 XJ off of NAXJA. haha.

As for mods, they have already begun. I'm meeting a guy tomorrow to pick up our hilift jack, AFE intake, 5 17x9 wheels with 34's, Tuffy locking center box, and a programmer. As soon as the Mini sells we are going to either do the Teraflex or Rock Krawler 2.5" spring lift with Swaybar discos and Bilstien shocks.

Thanks for the warm welcome ya'll. Oh, and any of you master fabricators want to work on a JK?

Cheers,
            Andy

Comment

Andy,

Welcome to MJR! Sorry about those guy's you met on the trail. There are a lot of "Normal" Jeepers here Enjoy

Mitch

Comment

Hey Andy, welcome to MJR! This is the best Jeepin' forum on the www.
                SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                MJR moderator
                MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                Jeep Patrol Leader
                Reforestation Supervisor
                Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                Eagle Scout

Comment

Welcome to MJR. I've only been on here for a couple months now. Its a great place to get advice, ideas, and take advantage of others experience. Enjoy the never ending project that is jeep'n.

Joe
                  It was like that when I got here.

Comment

welcome to the site.
                    Tony
                    1A Auto
                    CALL ME DIRECT 866-403-3393
                    1A Auto Parts Install Videos|1A Aauto Blog

Comment

Mike and Kurt - OHNO!! Just kidding, they rock!! as you probably already figured out. Welcome aboard.
                      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Welcome to MJR. I just joined as well after meeting a few other members of this board.(Names with held to protect the innocent)It was nice to meet some Jeep owners willing to chat a while with a toyota guy and about Responsible wheeling and getting the word out about Tread Lightly rules. Main thing is sit back and enjoy the ride as you Modify and drive your new truck in the great outdoors.

Comment

Originally posted by Pikeman View Post
                          Welcome to MJR. I just joined as well after meeting a few other members of this board.(Names with held to protect the [COLOR=red]Guilty[/COLOR])It was nice to meet some Jeep owners willing to chat a while with a toyota guy and about Responsible wheeling and getting the word out about Tread Lightly rules. Main thing is sit back and enjoy the ride as you Modify and drive your new truck in the great outdoors.

Fixed it for you
                          SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                          MJR moderator
                          MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                          Jeep Patrol Leader
                          Reforestation Supervisor
                          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                          Eagle Scout

Comment

Working...
                          X