Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to LA

Been in LA/Southbay area for about 9 months. Medically retired LEO from east coast, and was also a college strength and conditioning coach. Had to move to SoCal for better doctors, didnt think Id be here that long but still another year at least the doctors say...so I sold my TJ back east that was in storage, which would have cost too much to ship, and just got a 2005 Rubicon here. Its stock other than 3" coils and 33" KM2s.

I needed a bunch of service done to it and lucked out a fellow Jeeper that runs a shop next to my physical therapy place will take care of those chores and sent me to this site.

Im also looking at various rear bumper tire carriers, front winch bumpers, and lower control arms.

Other than that dont have money to do much, but will do what I can!

Well welcome to the left coast and MJR. I'm sure you will find what you need from someone here. As soon as you get a chance, post a picture of your Jeep.

Comment

Welcome to MJR ,good to have another Eastener here,I come from Pa. Goodluck gettin yer jeep ready to roll...
      "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Hey welcome to MJR! There's no better jeepin' website on the www.
        SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
        MJR moderator
        MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
        Jeep Patrol Leader
        Reforestation Supervisor
        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
        Eagle Scout

Comment

Thanks guys appreciate it. I always frequented www.jeepforum.com and www.pirate4x4.com, and www.coloradok5.com (I have an old GMC too). Never heard of this site until I stopped in the shop locally. Looks like plenty of Cali guys so hopefully will hook up and learn how to wheel from you all. I grew up mud bogging, snowmobiling, and riding whatever beater ATVs or dirt bikes we could get our hands on in Ohio and Western PA. So Ive never done rocks, or technical trail riding. Did some wheeling in Northern Virginia as well, as I come from the DC area the past 8 years.

Thanks for the welcomes.

Ill post a pic once I get it, nothing fancy just a stock silver Rubicon on 33s with 3" coils!

Got a long wish list I want to do to it, but not the money! haha...but I am hoping to do lower front control arms and bumpers soon at least. Then maybe skids with 1" body lift.

Trying to figure out how to post pics?
          Last edited by bluecollarjock; 06-15-10, 06:18 PM. Reason: add pics

Comment

Welcome to MJR! Plenty of runs on this site.
            I'll keep my money, guns and freedom...you can keep the "Change".

Comment

Welcome to MJR!

Scott
              "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

Welcome to MJR.Use a picture sharing site like photobucket.com and just copy the img tag and paste it to a post here.Hope to meet ya out on the trail.
                  Last edited by GP4Play; 06-16-10, 07:44 PM.
                  Dennis and Tammy
                  Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Welcome to MJR. Read this thread about posting pictures. If you still have questions just ask.
                    http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...=post+pictures
                    Those left standing
                    Will make millions
                    Writing books on ways
                    It should have been
                    -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Glad to see you found your way into MJR. Welcome to the nut house!!
                      The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

Originally posted by bluecollarjock View Post
                        Thanks guys appreciate it. I always frequented www.jeepforum.com and www.pirate4x4.com, and www.coloradok5.com (I have an old GMC too). Never heard of this site until I stopped in the shop locally. Looks like plenty of Cali guys so hopefully will hook up and learn how to wheel from you all. I grew up mud bogging, snowmobiling, and riding whatever beater ATVs or dirt bikes we could get our hands on in Ohio and Western PA. So Ive never done rocks, or technical trail riding. Did some wheeling in Northern Virginia as well, as I come from the DC area the past 8 years.

Thanks for the welcomes.

Ill post a pic once I get it, nothing fancy just a stock silver Rubicon on 33s with 3" coils!

Got a long wish list I want to do to it, but not the money! haha...but I am hoping to do lower front control arms and bumpers soon at least. Then maybe skids with 1" body lift.

Trying to figure out how to post pics?
                        Welcome to the site, this place is pretty cool too.
                        Tony
                        1A Auto
                        CALL ME DIRECT 866-403-3393
                        1A Auto Parts Install Videos|1A Aauto Blog

Comment

Thanks guys! Will check out the photo sharing site to try to get some up.

Comment

Last edited by bluecollarjock; 06-18-10, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bluecollarjock View Post

On the left side of the page on photobucket there are 4 differnt links you can copy. If you use the last one that is labled "IMG Code" you can just copy and past it into the text box here on MJR. It looks like you are using the "Email & IM" code which will not work.

Those left standing
                              Will make millions
                              Writing books on ways
                              It should have been
                              -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Working...
                              X