Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie here in CA.

So I just moved here...don't have a rig yet, but hope to soon. Just some questions about the trails here.

First off, I live in Hollywood...is there anything even remotely close to the LA area where you can go play?

Also, I've never had to deal with snakes...are they a huge problem? I was reading in another thread about them...

Where can I find a good rig for about $4500-$5000? I'm lookin for a Wrangler so I can take the top off...I'm burning alive here because of my Alaskan..ness...

Anyway, I'm sure I'll think of more questions about the trails here. I'm sure isn't the same as back home.

Thanks!

There are a few Valley Jeepers that know the trails down thataway.Your going to love the different style of wheel'n down here,Have fun.
    Dennis and Tammy
    Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Originally posted by GP4Play View Post
      There are a few Valley Jeepers that know the trails down thataway.Your going to love the different style of wheel'n down here,Have fun.
      I'm scared...

Comment

Scan craiglist when looking for a jeep, have seen decent deals now and again around that price range. i bought mine from craigslist for 2500, then built it from stock. Anything from cj,yj,tj, can be found in that price range.
        "It's Not Rocket Surgery"

Comment

This rig is for sale,,

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...195#post167195
          06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
          07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

Already posted up there. Thanks.
            What about the rest of the questions?

Comment

Snakes are not a huge deal, But be cautious.

they are not out there to actually attack humans, but if stepped on, or provoked, they will strike.

We see snakes pretty common in the desert, give them their space. My kids always watch their feet closely when around the desert.

Oh and welcome, I lived in Fairbanks, Ak for 3yrs when I was in the military, beautiful up there.
              "It's Not Rocket Surgery"

Comment

Oh alright. Thanks for the info. And for the past two weeks, it's been hotter in Fairbanks than here in LA. Heh.

Comment

Working...
                X