Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New from Florida

It looks like I will be in Antelope Valley for a few years for work... Hoping I can get things strightened out enough (it really hurts when the wife has to give up her good paying job) to meet a few of you and maybe even get on a few trails...

The Hillbillies head for Cali...

KAG, you,ll love it here! Welcome to a really good bunch of folks here on MJR..Lets hear more about ya and I see yer jeep on the trailer there..looks awesome from what I see post up some more and hope to see ya on some runs.. just check in ..it,s prime wheelin weather now before the heat starts to soar on in..Geebo
    "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Welcome man I am from Florida also, I miss it so much. I am sure you will have plenty of fun wheeling public land out here. Totally different from the east coast.

Comment

Welcome to MJR,from the land of swamp to the land of sand.Hope to meet ya on the trails,oh yeah CJ's Rock.
        Dennis and Tammy
        Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Welcome to MJR and the People's Republic of California.

You are moving to an area with a bunch of friends! You Joined MJR and we've got lots of members who live in the Antelope Valley and next door in the Victorville Area!
          SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
          MJR moderator
          MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
          Jeep Patrol Leader
          Reforestation Supervisor
          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
          Eagle Scout

Comment

Where in Florida are you coming from?
            There are some things I miss about that place

No Gator hunting here, and you have to really work for getting a boar
            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
            ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Moved here from the Panama City area... Was actually glad to get out of Florida. Don't get me wrong, CA wasn't on my long list of places I wanted to go, but that's where the job sent me, and I am going to make the most of it!

Although I left a 91 YJ and a 79 CJ7 (not to mention my 67 Mustang) behind... I did bring my green 94 YJ (it's on the trailer, it is hiding behind the tree because it it shy) and my 79 CJ7 project.

YJ:
              2.5L of screaming squirrel frenzy
              SOA
              33" BFG MT's
              8.8 rear, disk brakes all around
              It is going to be my "easy" jeep since it doesn't have lockers, but it was more than enough for Florida

CJ
              304/Ford T18/D300
              SOA
              Dana 60's with OX, disk brakes all around
              38x14.50R17 BFG MT KM2
              Needs a cage and driveshafts, not to mention starting after sitting for a while
              How it all started: http://www.panamacityjeepclub.com/CJ7/CJ7.html

Comment

Nice, another person in the Av area, im a bit south of you in Rosamond(between mojave/lancaster).

Hope to see you on the trails soon, hit me anytime your goin to any local trails, me/kids are usually ready for just about anything.

Matt
                "It's Not Rocket Surgery"

Comment

Originally posted by lakev2 View Post
                  Nice, another person in the Av area, im a bit south of you in Rosamond(between mojave/lancaster).

Hope to see you on the trails soon, hit me anytime your goin to any local trails, me/kids are usually ready for just about anything.

Matt
                  Sure, will do!!

Ummm... Where are the local trails?

Comment

The closest trail to cal city would be the Red Rock canyon state park area.

Last chance canyon and nightmare gulch are the two main 4x4 trails in that area, and there are some other obstacles out there. If you look through some of the trail reports, you can find a few on that area.

Other than that area most are a 45-1.5hr drive for us. Calico(Barstow), Miller Jeep Trail(Lebec), Freeway ridge(lake isabella), Cougar Buttes/Johnson Valley(Landers).

If you miss the Florida mud, I think some people still go to the little rock dam area and play in the mud, its just southeast of Palmdale.
                    "It's Not Rocket Surgery"

Comment

I don't do mud. My suspension isn't quite set up for it.

Last Chance and Nightmare should be close enough to actually drive to, everything else would require the trailer.

I'll see what you have going on when I come back from Ft. Lewis...

Comment

Working...
                      X