Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to MJR

Hello. My name is Cliff; I live in Corona, just registered at MJR. I’m also CVD on Jeepforum.com. Looking for more folks to enjoy the outdoors with.

I’ve had the TJ for about 5 years. It’s moderately built (33’s, locked at both ends, disconnects, plenty of skid plates). I’ve run most of the well known So. Calif. trails. Will do just about anything up to the Hammers or Calico gatekeeper (actually, I’ve run Clawhammer, but will stay away from the other Hammers). Just as much, I enjoy a day exploring in the mountains or desert. I’ve run the Mojave trail once, wouldn’t mind trying it again. I’ve not done the Shaver Lake area trails, those sound very interesting (I’m a fairly unskilled, but enthused fly fisherman).

I have a RV. Enjoy pulling the TJ out to camping spots and camping in comfort. Just as much, I enjoy spending the night under the stars (i.e. a Mojave Trail type trip).

I’ve met a few MJR folks at Adopt-a-Trail activities (don’t remember names). Looking forward to meeting more of you on the trail.
    Cliff

Here are a couple pics of recent trips:

Broken Arrow (Sedona)

Mojave Green (near Fort Piute, Mojave Trail) – yes,we left it alone after taking the pic

Anza Borrego – HA Hill

Laurel Lake trail (Mammoth)

Welcome to MJR Cliff.We love exploring to so hope to see ya out there.
    Dennis and Tammy
    Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Welcome Cliff you found a great site for folks that LOVE jeepin, lot,s of us here like camping under the stars as well, did the Mojave trail a year ago March it is an awesome trail/trip to see and camp..hope to see ya out there on the trail..Geebo
      "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

You Sir have many more photos than that you can post up!! no holding out on us!!

nice jeep look forward to trailing with you!
        Sarcasm is my body's natural response to stupid.

Comment

Welcome to MJR Cliff!
          "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Welcome to MJR, nice jeep!

Comment

Originally posted by ocTJ View Post
              You Sir have many more photos than that you can post up!! no holding out on us!!

nice jeep look forward to trailing with you!
              A few more pics:
              Panamint Valley, Pleasant Canyon - World Beater Mine cabin

Panamint Valley, Pleasant Canyon – Death Valley NP boundary

Cady Mountains camping spot

Anza Borrego – Coyote Canyon, 3’d crossing

Anza Borrego – Salvator Canyon oasis

Anza Borrego – squeeze

Anza Borrego – Sand stone canyon

JV – Clawhammer

View from Bronco Peak

Wildlife at HDR

More wildlife at HDR (comfortable under the Jeep)

Comment

Welcome Cliff and great pics!

Comment

Welcome to MJR Cliff. Excellent pics. I particularly like the "squeeze" pic. Its been along time since I have seen it. The last time I was there was with my class 5 desert car with a 80" wide front end (back before I was a jeeper). Needless to say, it didnt fit through the sqeeze, but did manage to get it semi over and through it, on its side with no carnage and a little :tp:. Ahh...the memories.
                  Some say that if you listen to the little voices, you are open minded, if you answer them, you belong in a white padded room. I say, have a conversation!!

Comment

Welcome to MJR. It is a great site with special folks. Really enjoyed your pictures.

Comment

Welcome to MJR Cliff. You've found the best Jeepin' site on the planet.
                      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                      MJR moderator
                      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                      Jeep Patrol Leader
                      Reforestation Supervisor
                      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                      Eagle Scout

Comment

Welcome to MJR Cliff. Those are some great shots and great places to visit. I really like that shot of the Mojave Green. Nice capture.
                        Check out .

Comment

She looks like a real close friend of mine! I love snakes...
                          Nice pics, nice rig, and welcome to MJR.

[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Thanks for the “welcomes”. Sounds like an active, enthusiastic group.

BTW – two of us are headed to Cougar Buttes area Saturday am. Will play in the rocks there for a while (Mike – thanks for the tracks), then will head up to the Ord Mtns and find a place to spend the night. Probably will come out via Daggett on Sunday. Let me know if anyone is interested in joining us.

Cliff

Comment

Working...
                            X