Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lakewood LJ

Well I had a nice long intro thread typed out, but my iPod decided to lose the Internet connection then refresh before I hit post, so let's try this again!

Hey everyone! I'm Justin. I live in Lakewood and drive an 06 wrangler unlimited. I just got it lifted after wheeling it stock for just over a year now. It's sitting on a currie 4" lift with front antirock, bilstein 5100s, and 33x12.5r15 Cooper discoverer stt's on 15x8 American racing chamber teflons. The interior has line x and LED lights in the gauges and dash. Over the last 7 or so months my jeep has been rear ended, stolen, partially stripped, and now rebuilt thanks mostly to insurance money. It's been rough, but it's turning out great. I'm really looking forward to getting out there and seeing what my jeep and I can do. Stock has been fun to wheel, but it's time to get into the bigger stuff! Anyways, that's enough rambling (and that was the short version), and here are a few pics.

Before lift and tires, after replacing some stuff from being stolen (half doors with hard uppers instead of fulls, and new to me hardtop)

And how it sits today!

-Justin

Welcome to MJR fellow Lakewoodian
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Welcome to MJR,come up to Calico this weekend and meet some of us and have some fun.
      Dennis and Tammy
      Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Welcome aboard... I'm in Long Beach. we're going out to calico this weekend to wheel'em up so come on out.

Lakewood is really just Long Beach Lite and theres quite a contingent of lakewooders on here so you're not alone

Comment

Long Beach Lite haha I like that one, never heard that. I'd love to do Calico this weekend but I've already got plans. A few friends and I are going to big bear to run gold mtn and Jacoby canyon. Hopefully it's not TOO packed with snow, but last weekend the rangers said it's probably just patches of snow and really muddy.

Erik, we've talked on JF before. I actually just saw your YJ outside of Americas Tire last Saturday.. Looking good! Blaine actually installed the lift for me over the weekend, good guy. I'm saving up for the Savvy sliders and eventual tummy tuck package, as well as some other fun stuff.
          -Justin

Comment

Originally posted by jeep_punk View Post
            Long Beach Lite haha I like that one, never heard that. I'd love to do Calico this weekend but I've already got plans. A few friends and I are going to big bear to run gold mtn and Jacoby canyon. Hopefully it's not TOO packed with snow, but last weekend the rangers said it's probably just patches of snow and really muddy.

Erik, we've talked on JF before. I actually just saw your YJ outside of Americas Tire last Saturday.. Looking good! Blaine actually installed the lift for me over the weekend, good guy. I'm saving up for the Savvy sliders and eventual tummy tuck package, as well as some other fun stuff.
            Cool! I had get a tire balanced over there the other day.
            You'll love the savvy stuff.
            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
            ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Nice Jeep. My Jeep wants to be an LJ someday. Take some pictures of Gold Mountain and Jacoby Canyon for us. I haven't been up there at all this winter. I’ve been avoiding snow and mud.
              Those left standing
              Will make millions
              Writing books on ways
              It should have been
              -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Another Lakewood LJ... COOL and Welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by RubiKat View Post
                  Another Lakewood LJ... COOL and Welcome!
                  Heeey I remember you from the CI4x4 forums. Aren't you over by the town center?
                  -Justin

Comment

Welcome Aboard!
                    "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Originally posted by jeep_punk View Post
                      Heeey I remember you from the CI4x4 forums. Aren't you over by the town center?
                      That would be me...

I now participate here, with a club called the WAYWEGOS and another club called VC4WD (www.vc4wd.com) out of Ventura.

Gives me lots of options for runs and lots of info when help is needed.

Comment

Welcome to MJR. The best Jeepin' site on the www!
                        SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                        MJR moderator
                        MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                        Jeep Patrol Leader
                        Reforestation Supervisor
                        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                        Eagle Scout

Comment

Welcome to MJR. I see quite a few jeeps over in my side of Lakewood, maybe you're one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
                            Welcome to MJR. I see quite a few jeeps over in my side of Lakewood, maybe you're one of them.
                            What area? I'm sure you have. Lakewood is small and I'm always driving around town.
                            -Justin

Comment

Gold mountain was a blast, until we hit the north facing slope. There was still a few feet of snow that 4 of the 6 jeeps got stuck in. I was smart and stayed out of the snow after hearing "I'm stuck" on the CB and seeing everyone stopped. They got stuck at around 1pm, and the last got out at 8pm thanks to a random FJ40 on 40" boggers that came out of nowhere. What a day. Other than the snow though it was great. My LJ walked right up everything, and we took one of the harder lines through the rock garden (talus slope?). In the end, it was good times for sure.
                              -Justin

Comment

Working...
                              X