Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from the Inland Empire

Just wanted to say a quick hello and introduce myself.
    My name is Mike and live out in Corona. I have been off roading for many years, but stopped when my last group quit going. So sad! Started searching the net looking for a new group when I stumpled across this site. Hopefully I can make some new friends and have fun in the process. For anyone wondering I have a 95 YJ (pause for square headlight jokes) with a 4" suspension lift and running 33" tires. She is a work in progress but love trying to build her up. Hope to see you all on the trails.
    Last edited by IBclimbin; 03-16-10, 07:46 PM.
    I Jeep, therefore I am

Welcome Mike! I'm glad you found MJR, There's no better Jeepin' website on the www. There's a number of members that live close to you.

Also, Check out our annual Calico IDTT event! Some great wheeling - for beginners to death wishers.....
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Comment

Welcome...Just down the freeway from ya
      Head nut at Outdoorlogic
      Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials
      www.facebook.com/outdoorlogic

Comment

Welcome to MJR. You will love it here!
        I'll keep my money, guns and freedom...you can keep the "Change".

Comment

Mike ,Welcome to Mjr.if you,re looking for friends in the jeep world you found it! Like Roger says best bunch of folks I,ve come across ..lots of runs and fun here...Geeb
          "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Welcome to MJR Mike. We have very comperable Jeeps. I have 92 YJ with 4 inches of lift and 33s. I try to wheel about once a month and I post up every run that is not last minute. I hope to see you on the trail soon.
            Those left standing
            Will make millions
            Writing books on ways
            It should have been
            -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Hi Mike,Welcome to MJR.You won't have any prob. finding a run to go on here,squares are ok,just funny look'n
              Dennis and Tammy
              Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome from another YJ owner

Welcome, I too wheel a YJ. My 93 has a 4.5" lift and 33's. This is a great site. Lots of great folks here! Hope to see you on a trail soon.
                  Never the last trail!:cactus:

Comment

welcome to a great website, theres always runs goin on here......

Comment

no square head light jokes here..

REAL MEN rock square head lights..

oh ya.. and four doors.. never mind.. LOL LOL jk

welcome... Dont be affaird to jump on a trail run.. Even if you have never done one before.. everyone here is super helpfull..

and Bash will fill your tires for ya.. LOL
                      [COLOR="Blue"]www.LEADFOOToffroad.com [/COLOR][COLOR="blue"][COLOR="Red"] COMING SOON!!![/COLOR][/COLOR]
                      PARTS, SERVICE, INSTALLATION & CUSTOM FAB...

Comment

I'm planning on going to Calico on Sat. to meet and play with everyone. It may take me awhile to get there though. 4cyl pushing 33" tires is no fun on the highway I so need an upgrade. Hoping to bring a coworker as my copilot. If not I will fly solo. BIG question. How do I find everyone once I'm there? I don't have a GPS so coordinates won't help me.
                        Last edited by IBclimbin; 03-17-10, 07:49 PM.
                        I Jeep, therefore I am

Comment

Hey Mike,

Welcome to MJR (from another YJ owner) I to drive a 93 YJ, 4 banger with a 4.5 inch lift and 33's! I just upgraded to a Super 35 kit, 4.88 gears, alloy axles and an E-Locker. Let me tell you, the gear swap was the best thing I ever did to my little Jeep!

We'll be looking for you out on the trail! See you soon!

Scott
                          "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Take the 15 freeway. Take the Yermo exit. Turn left like your going to Calico. Go past Calico. The road will turn back toward the freeway like a horseshoe. Once you are about 1/4 mile from the freeway (you will be approaching the freeway at this point) there will be a dirt rd cutting off to the left. It's a well traveled rd so you should not miss it. You might wanna take a look at the map sarah has posted in the thread as well this will give you a better idea. If you have any more questions PM me and I'll make sure you get the info you need.

Comment

[QUOTE=platnumb4x;159415]I'm planning on going to Calico on Sat. to meet and play with everyone. It may take me awhile to get there though. 4cyl pushing 33" tires is no fun on the highway I so need an upgrade. Hoping to bring a coworker as my copilot. If not I will fly solo. BIG question. How do I find everyone once I'm there? I don't have a GPS so coordinates won't help me.

Take the 15 freeway. Take the Yermo exit. Turn left like your going to Calico. Go past Calico. The road will turn back toward the freeway like a horseshoe. Once you are about 1/4 mile from the freeway (you will be approaching the freeway at this point) there will be a dirt rd cutting off to the left. It's a well traveled rd so you should not miss it. You might wanna take a look at the map sarah has posted in the thread as well this will give you a better idea. If you have any more questions PM me and I'll make sure you get the info you need.

Comment

Working...
                              X