Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TedderX

Here's my Jeep:

My goal with my Jeep is to have a good DD yet being a fully capable Weekend Wheeler(my Jeep can still fit in most parking decks, can yours? ). I am also doing my best to keep the "stock" look. I go wheeling once a month with my club, Georgia Trail Riders.

I have a side project currently which is a Jeep Trailer. I will use it for vacations/long hauls as well as camping gear for my weekend trips. It will also be built with the goals in mind of being a good DD yet fully capable Weekend Wheeler.

Lots of plans that I'm saving up for: Rokmen Skid Plate Package, AtoZ Fabrication Body Protection, Aftermarket Full Roll Cage, S30, S35, then minor interior things, lastly(or as necessary) upgrading stock parts, i.e. control arms, alternator, seats, whatever breaks, etc. I've got a more detailed list, but that's the jist of it.

Last edited by TedderX; 12-06-09, 06:25 PM.
    -Tedder

Welcome to MJR Tedder :beer: Nice TJ you got there,like the way the color matches the terrain.
    Dennis and Tammy
    Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Welcome to MJR! You have landed in the best Jeep forum on the www.
      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
      MJR moderator
      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

Yeah! welcome to MJR! nice looking jeep there, I once had an Electric Lime Green X ... now it sits on 35" pro comps with twin OX lockers an Dana 44's... and it belongs to sumbuddy else :hide: but that's sure a sweet TJ!
        :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
          Yeah! welcome to MJR! nice looking jeep there, I once had an Electric Lime Green X ... now it sits on 35" pro comps with twin OX lockers an Dana 44's... and it belongs to sumbuddy else :hide: but that's sure a sweet TJ!
          Welcome to MJR!! Your TJ is sweet!! I remember when mine was like yours, all stock. I am Kodiak Spirit's "sumbuddy else"...aka his sister.

Here's a pic of the DJ:

Have fun building up your TJ!!

Comment

Originally posted by Desert Jewel View Post
            Welcome to MJR!! Your TJ is sweet!! I remember when mine was like yours, all stock. I am Kodiak Spirit's "sumbuddy else"...aka his sister.

Here's a pic of the DJ:

Have fun building up your TJ!!
            Thanks for all the welcomes everyone! :beer:

Yea, I noticed your TJ in the before and after thread. I like that hood logo on it.

I've got one planned myself:

-Tedder

Comment

Nice! Apewraps.com did my vinyl graphics. They are supposed to last 5 years.

Comment

Welcome aboard MJR Tedder! Ok,.... I gotta ask,..... for those of us that don't know,......

What does that symbol on your Avatar and Hood mean??

Scott
                "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Originally posted by avjeepfreek View Post
                  Welcome aboard MJR Tedder! Ok,.... I gotta ask,..... for those of us that don't know,......

What does that symbol on your Avatar and Hood mean??

Scott
                  I'm an avid hiker. Alot of hikers have a Trail Name, Mascot, Logo, Flag, or something to distinguish themselves. I have a flag. Imagine a stick figure lean-to with a "T" for Tedder designed into it.

Last summer I hiked 112 miles in the Rocky Mountains, this summer I intend on hiking all the Appalachian Trail, South Bound. For anyone that doesn't know, the Appalachian Trail is like the Pacific Crest Trail out west. Or the American Discovery Trail.

Here's some pictures of the actual flag.

On my backpack:

On a cooking shelter:

You can't see it, but I have it on my fly rod too:

Edit: for the record, I'm not a member of TU.
                  Last edited by TedderX; 12-07-09, 11:42 AM.
                  -Tedder

Comment

Right on, That's real cool! My wife is real into Hiking and most around here call her a billy goat cuz, she will take off and hike up a mountain just to see whats on the other side! It's hard to stop her, she's usually out of the Jeep before everyone and headed up the hill, exploring. We have a trail right out in front of the house that leads up into the mountains and she is just itching to hike up there and see where it goes.

Scott
                    "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

welcome

welcome Tedder

Scott

Comment

out of curiousity, are most people here from cali?
                        -Tedder

Comment

Originally posted by TedderX View Post
                          Yes, most are from California. Mostly Southern California.
                          SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                          MJR moderator
                          MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                          Jeep Patrol Leader
                          Reforestation Supervisor
                          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                          Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by TedderX View Post
                            Yeah, there's a fair amount of us that now live in SoCal. But, there are folks on board from all around the world. New Zealand to South Africa.

I know where Chatsworth is because I've been there. It's a beautiful North GA Mtn area but it has probably grown a bit since I was there 20 years ago. I grew up in GA. It used to be a small town of 5000, but my home town of Kennesaw is a now suburb town to Atlanta with 31,000+ living there.

Nice Jeep! Cool hiking flag too. Your pics make me want to take my Jeep back to explore the area.

Welcome to MJR!
                            [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                            Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                            [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              Yeah, there's a fair amount of us that now live in SoCal. But, there are folks on board from all around the world. New Zealand to South Africa.

I know where Chatsworth is because I've been there. It's a beautiful North GA Mtn area but it has probably grown a bit since I was there 20 years ago. I grew up in GA. It used to be a small town of 5000, but my home town of Kennesaw is a now suburb town to Atlanta with 31,000+ living there.

Nice Jeep! Cool hiking flag too. Your pics make me want to take my Jeep back to explore the area.

Welcome to MJR!
                              Thanks for the welcome! And come on down, I'll show you around again. It's not grown too much, still have to go to Dalton or Ellijay to go to a Wal-Mart. We do have, I believe, 13 dollar stores now, so, moving we're moving on up in the world.

mostly just forest roads here. but there are plenty of parks that aren't too far of a drive.

of course, they seem to be dwindling down now with some of these closures.

Kennesaw is neat, I took a couple college classes down there.
                              Last edited by TedderX; 12-08-09, 12:37 AM.
                              -Tedder

Comment

Working...
                              X