Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lift kit help anyone?

i want to get a 2.5' lift from rough country, i heard that 2.5' lifts from rough country end up being a bit higher than 2.5 does any one know? and what size tires would go well with it?

That's a can if worms your opening. I don't know much about the rough county lifts. But with 2.5 or maybe 3 inchs of lift you may be able to run tires as large as 33 inchs. You will have to expect some rubbing if you don't install the right bumpstops. I have 4 inchs on my 92 and I still rub with 33's. I don't mind it so much because it is only when I am completely flexed out.
    Those left standing
    Will make millions
    Writing books on ways
    It should have been
    -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

gotcha, any advice on good all year tires?

Comment

To run 33s on my 93 YJ I had to run a 4" suspension lift and a 1" body lift. I ran a Rough Country lift for several years. Their 4" lift was just that, very rough riding. I have recently replaced it with a Rubicon Express Extreme Duty 4.5" lift. The ride is much better. Not as good as a coil spring set-up but for leaf springs, it is really good.

As far as tires go for all around highway and off road duty, BF Goodrich All Terrain tires are hard to beat.
        Never the last trail!:cactus:

Comment

If your looking at a 2.5" kit for the yj i would suggest contacting Wayne Hartwig on Pirate 4x4 for a good deal on a rubicon express kit.

I have the 2.5" RE lift on my 87 and run 33"s with very minimal rubbing, I trimmed a couple body panels and the jeep came with extended shackles when i bought it.

The 2.5" kit came with all the little stuff to make a complete kit(disco's, tcase drop, shims, hardware).
          "It's Not Rocket Surgery"

Comment

Originally posted by wrangler1993 View Post
            gotcha, any advice on good all year tires?
            I am a BIG fan of BFGoodrich All Terrins. They are IMHO the cheepest offroad tire that you can buy. And they perform well off road. They are a little slipery in the rock because they are a hard compound tire. But they last a long time and are very quiet(for an offroad tire) on the highway. If you are looking for strait performance and are less concerned with highway manners and life expectancy then look into the Goodyear Wrangler MTRs.
            Those left standing
            Will make millions
            Writing books on ways
            It should have been
            -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Working...
            X