Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im new

Hey whats up guys im new and i just bought a used 2000 jeep wrangler TJ sport. I dont know too much about it besides that it has a 2" lift kit (im not sure what type) its a greyish silver color, i have 33' goodrich tires. I have a snorkel on the passenger side. I have a spotlight on the drivers side which is broken. I just bought a used hard top for $850. And right now its at the mechanics getting checked out. So if anybody could help me learn about jeeps and my jeep, that would be great!

Welcome! This is a good place to learn about heeps, have questions just ask.
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by ahill3 View Post
      Hey whats up guys im new and i just bought a used 2000 jeep wrangler TJ sport. I dont know too much about it besides that it has a 2" lift kit (im not sure what type) its a greyish silver color, i have 33' goodrich tires. I have a snorkel on the passenger side. I have a spotlight on the drivers side which is broken. I just bought a used hard top for $850. And right now its at the mechanics getting checked out. So if anybody could help me learn about jeeps and my jeep, that would be great!
      Yep,.. your at the right place for help. Welcome to MJR Also, ... first bit of learning advice. Do NOT put that snorkel to the test.
      "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Sounds like you have a decent rig to get out and wheel with. You are going to have tons of fun. Welcome to MJR. There is lots of great information here. If you cant find what you are looking for by using the search function don't be afraid to ask.

How about some pictures of your rig?
          Those left standing
          Will make millions
          Writing books on ways
          It should have been
          -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Hey Alex, Welcome to MJR. You may want to browse through the techenical section here. Don't try to memorize it! But be familiar with the subjects. Lots of great stuff!

Also, the best way to learn your Jeep is to wheel it. Try to find some other local guys with Jeeps and go out with them. Any Jeep clubs out your way? Or at last resort, 4x4 clubs?
            SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
            MJR moderator
            MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
            Jeep Patrol Leader
            Reforestation Supervisor
            Licensed Ham - n6ujm
            Eagle Scout

Comment

Hey New, welcome to the forum. Like Roger said, check out the technical sections. If you can't find what you need there, phrase your question in such a way as to start a controversy amongst the more opinionated Jeepers (ok, I'm guilty at times), and you should get plenty of feedback.
              holes = cowbell

Comment

Welcome new,
                Gotta get that thing out with some of the guys on some easier trails & get to know what it can do.
                You'll be surprised!
                2" lift with 33's... tight fit.
                You sure bout that?

Hope to see you out there soon,
                Scott

Comment

Welcome to MJR. Sounds like you have a good foundation for a great trail rig. Like all the others said -----^, you can get some valuable info here. Take a moment to read through the different posts, even if it doesnt relate to you and your rig. You'll be suprised on what info you read now will come up as a question in your rig later down the road. Word of advice, some of us here on MJR are alittle tweaked in the head :hide: but we are all here for the same reason, to have fun.
                  Some say that if you listen to the little voices, you are open minded, if you answer them, you belong in a white padded room. I say, have a conversation!!

Comment

Welcome aboard! Colorado! I bet you have some great trails nearby.
                    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

WElcome and congrats on your jeep..I just followed the guy in front of me on every run for a year and you,ll learn..for me tech. stuff and how to drive!!LOL..Welcome bro..
                      "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Welcome to MJR!
                        "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Working...
                        X