Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New From Ft. Irwin

Hey all New here. I just recently got stationed out at Ft Irwin in the Army. I've been wheeling 8 Years now almost 9. Now that I'm out in Cali I figured I may as well hit up some of the local trails. I've got 2 rigs only one of which is out here right now, the other I am waiting till I get married to drag here from PA.

I'd be more than willing to play cameraman or spotter if someone ever has an open seat. Until I get the lift on the WJ

Anyway My name is Brian, I'm a jeep addict here are my rigs:

02 WJ Overland
    4.7HO, 545rfe, np247
    d30/d44a 3.73 gears varilocs
    Full skid package
    Upcountry springs
    Heated leather and suede seats, wheelin' in style

It will be lifted 4" by xmas, and should have 33's the beginning of next year

Its my dd/tow rig/current wheeler as its out here. I'm not afraid of body damage and will take it on 31s where it probably shouldn't be

Another rig = another post

1994 XJ
    4.5l stroker, AW4, d300 flipped
    d44/8.8 4.10's spooled
    Hydro Assist
    Flat belly skid
    A bunch of tube
    Leaves front and rear

In need of a d60/14bff with 5.13s and 40-42" tires

Comment

Welcome aboard! Nice Rigs!! I recommend you make friends right away with Kodiak Spirit & Dirtman 13. They love flopping their Jeeps!
      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
      MJR moderator
      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
        Welcome aboard! Nice Rigs!! I recommend you make friends right away with Kodiak Spirit & Dirtman 13. They love flopping their Jeeps!
        Welcome to MJR Brian. I like whats left of the XJ,...no fear driving that one. Hey Roger, if you have not flopped or rolled you have not tried hard enough....:smile:
        "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

Originally posted by Matt2001TJ View Post
          Welcome to MJR Brian. I like whats left of the XJ,...no fear driving that one. Hey Roger, if you have not flopped or rolled you have not tried hard enough....:smile:
          Yup

Comment

Does your XJ have a frame?
            Those left standing
            Will make millions
            Writing books on ways
            It should have been
            -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

[COLOR="Sienna"]Hey neighbor to the north. Nice lookin rigs! Calico and Stoddard Valley are right at your doorstep! Probably see you out there some time.[/COLOR]
              [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
              Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
                Does your XJ have a frame?
                Nope, Was chopped in half right behind the drivers seat. Unibody rails and all. We grafted a plate to the unibody stiffeners (which is tied into the cage) and added a 2x4 "frame rails" to the lines of the unibody rails.

The plan was to keep it the same so the suspension didnt change, which worked except its so light the 3" rear springs give me about 7" of lift. So stock up country packs will eventually take their place.

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
                  [COLOR="Sienna"]Hey neighbor to the north. Nice lookin rigs! Calico and Stoddard Valley are right at your doorstep! Probably see you out there some time.[/COLOR]
                  Thanks man! Got any pics of your rig? I know where Stoddard is but where is Calico? You mean by the ghost town? I'd love to get out an explore those areas but I never wheel alone, especially in unfamiliar terrain. If you hit it up anytime let me know I'll go beat up the wj some.

Also anyone know of any yards that have wj's sitting in them I need a new trans xmember

Comment

Sweet rigs, but whats up with the round headlights? These guys dont need any more encouragement. Welcome aboard!
                    An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by XJ Fanatic View Post
                      Your going to fit right in. Welcome.

Thanks Roger.
                      Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by Matt2001TJ View Post
                        if we are gonna play this game...

An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by 2blk2drs View Post
                          Sweet rigs, but whats up with the round headlights? These guys dont need any more encouragement. Welcome aboard!

I got them for free or maybe traded a part I had lying around from another axle or something, dunno, just know I didn't pay for em!

Comment

Originally posted by 2blk2drs View Post
                            if we are gonna play this game...

Nice did you jack the roof back up and wheel the next day until your tcase snapped in half?

Comment

Originally posted by XJ Fanatic View Post
                              Nice did you jack the roof back up and wheel the next day until your tcase snapped in half?
                              Nope not that hardcore, did jack the roof out and ran a plexi windsheild for a bit though. Then swapped everything into the current body. that took about 3 months of after work/ weekends, and a lot of beer!

Comment

Working...
                              X