Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This isn't that great of a picture of the awesome nets I just put on from Hatch at Safari Straps... My 2.5 year old daughter took the picture... HAHAHA

Comment

If you didn't notice, I'm the fat guy with the glasses on! LOL :confused2

Comment

Those straps are pretty cool. I was surprised as to how tight they are.

Comment

Originally posted by SAR Jeeper View Post
          Those straps are pretty cool. I was surprised as to how tight they are.
          They are great. My set is custom due to the cage. Hatch and is wife are amazing people, and I can't say enough good things about them. I'll have some better pictures up tonight.

Comment

I just bought your old jeep and would love some info

Amazing what the internet can do.......!

I bought your old jeep about a month ago in West Covina and trailered it back to El Dorado County. I am stripping it down to begin a rebuild as a family trail jeep.

I was hoping you could give me some info on the drivetrain. Looking at some other posts, looks like you put chrome moly axle shafts in the amc20 and lockers in front and rear. Can you confirm? Would love to know about the original build. I love the jeep and am looking forward to the build. I had a built 1987 YJ for about 6 years and have regretted ever selling it but always wanted a classic widetrack CJ7. Loving it. Any info would be much appreciated! Thanks. I can give you a phone or email if you want to go off line.

Brian

Comment

I put ausies and gears in that Jeep 2 years ago. It had One piece axles in it before I took it apart so we left those be.
              Hope this helps

Comment

Ok.....so we are talking about the black " safari straps " jeep?? I am not familiar with Aussies. Can you explain? Also. Do you remember what the gears you put in were? Just rear or both front and rear? Thanks a million for the info.

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by brian estes View Post
                  Ok.....so we are talking about the black " safari straps " jeep?? I am not familiar with Aussies. Can you explain? Also. Do you remember what the gears you put in were? Just rear or both front and rear? Thanks a million for the info.

Brian
                  Aussies are lunchbox lockers. (They go inside the carrier, not a full case replacement like most lockers)

http://www.aussielocker.com/
                  If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Ausie lunch box lockers and 4.88 gears

Comment

Wow, this is a great post. Congrats on the 'new' Jeep! That thing is a beauty, I had a 79 CJ5 as my first one in high school, and now, a YJ
                      USMC F&AM

Comment

Thanks everyone for the info. I appreciate it!!!! As I get into this rebuild I will post some pictures and stay in touch

Comment

love your CJ...I guess I need to get some more pics of mine on here

Comment

Pretty cool Jeep Steve.
                            Tony
                            1A Auto
                            CALL ME DIRECT 866-403-3393
                            1A Auto Parts Install Videos|1A Aauto Blog

Comment

It was a great Jeep... In fact, I'd still have it if my family didn't grow as big as it has. I miss that Jeep. Art was right on... 4.88 in the front and back and Aussies front and rear. Cromo in the rear.

Here she was on the Dusy 1.5 years ago...

Comment

Here are a couple more from another run...

Comment

Working...
                                X