Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. FNG here

I am new to the Jeep world. I've wanted a Jeep for a couple yrs now. I was out for drive this Sunday on hwy 15 and ran into a cool crew of guys (GPforfun, ou812) wheelin off Cleghorn. I joined them in my truck and had a blast! They turned me onto this site I am looking for a Jeep as we speak! Any Ideas as to where I should look?
    talk to you all soon
    Living the Dream"!
    , Joe

Chilidipper, Welcome aboard! Here, you will find all your jeep'n needs. Once you find your Jeep of course.

BTW, what model of jeep you looking for???

Another thing, pretty soon you'll find out exactly what JEEP stands for!!

Tony

Comment

Welcome aboard - your jeep will rock when you get it
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Welcome to MJR. Don't be a big hurry to buy a Jeep. Try to figure out what you want it to do, how much you can spend to fix it when it breaks, and how much can you afford to upgrade it.

You'll find lots of help here on MJR for sure.

For example, don't ever buy a Jeep with square headlights. Oops! I've stepped into it now (JK)
        SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
        MJR moderator
        MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
        Jeep Patrol Leader
        Reforestation Supervisor
        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
        Eagle Scout

Comment

I am looking at Rubicons and TJ's. I am still not sure. it can get confusing with all the choices and options. I am planning to play on trails, desert, Sand. I like the Rubicons, but seem to be pretty pricey. Questions..... I6 vs V6, Auto vs Manual, Mileage concerns. Like your rig, nice color! What does JEEP stand for?
          Living the Dream"!
          , Joe

Comment

Hey Joe,

Welcome to MJR.

It was a pleasure meeting you this weekend. That's a nice truck you have!

I'm partial to older Jeeps, because I like the way they look and am a fan of having "no frills" on them.

I got my long Scrambler (CJ-8), because I always felt like I wanted a little more room when I had my CJ-7. I like to take extended trips and like to carry a bunch of stuff with me. I also like that I can sleep in the back of it. That came it handy when I was in Death Valley where there were lots of big rocks that I wouldn't have enjoyed sleeping on or having to move to pitch the tent. I still take my tent, but have not used it. I'm really happy with my Jeep, but that's just my own taste and purpose driving my satisfaction.

There are very capable Jeeps out there from all of the years, so it'll boil down to what you're into.

Whatever you wind up with I'm sure it will rock!

Christian
            "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

Thanks Headhunter, i am finding Jeeps everywhere! It is a communist conspiracy/plot! Thanks for letting me tag alonf this weekend, i had a lot fun
              Living the Dream"!
              , Joe

Comment

Originally posted by chilidipper View Post
                What does JEEP stand for?
                Just
                Empty
                Every
                Pocket

Welcome aboard! Jeep hunting can't get any better than right now. I doesn't really matter which model that you get, all of them are better at crawling trails like Cleghorn (and much tougher) than any other type of stock 4x4.

I have a TJ and I am bias to the coil suspension. The JK's have the same set up with some other advantages, but the price is steep compared to a 1997 to 2006 model.

Good luck in your search. If it is a Jeep, you will not be unhappy. Well, except for the Just Empty Every Pocket part.
                [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                [/COLOR]

Comment

Joes F-250 was set up nicely. I can't wait to see that he can do with a Jeep. Jeeps are so much easier to work on than than any other car I have ever owned. It's truely a unique vehicle.
                  Those left standing
                  Will make millions
                  Writing books on ways
                  It should have been
                  -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Hello and Welcome Joe.Like everyone says,Jeeps are fun but can cost ya.Good luck on your search,I'm sure you will find what you need soon.
                    Dennis
                    Dennis and Tammy
                    Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Originally posted by chilidipper View Post
                      I was out for drive this Sunday on hwy 15 and ran into a cool crew of guys (GPforfun, ou812) wheelin off Cleghorn.

Gpforfun=GP4Play :wink:
                      Those left standing
                      Will make millions
                      Writing books on ways
                      It should have been
                      -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
                        Gpforfun=GP4Play :wink:
                        LOL Fun,Play......Long as it don't come to foreplay
                        Dennis and Tammy

Comment

As nice as my truck is... I still could not follow or keep up with you guys on some of the branch trails you were taking. I cant wait to find my Jeep. I had a couple guys want to trade for my truck. Not a great deal for me
                          Living the Dream"!
                          , Joe

Comment

Joe,did you see this one? Didn't know if you were interested in a real CJ or the others
                            Dennis

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=14074
                            Dennis and Tammy

Comment

Welcome to MJR!
                              "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Working...
                              X