Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PLEASE HELP!!!! 94 YJ dark blue STOLEN NEAR LAX!

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE HELP!!!! 94 YJ dark blue STOLEN NEAR LAX!

A Call for help to all fellow wheelers to be on the llokout for a 1994 dark blue YJ Wrangler with tan hard top, 35" MTR's and 8.8 with detroit and gearing. ARB in the front diff. CB radio, rock lights, Garvin tire carrier, immitation 4WP rock crawler rims with 16 bolt welded rings, tan interior with ABS brakes that are disconnected. It has about 6" of lift. Was stolen in the last 24 hours from in front of the house in Westchester section of LA near Sepulveda and 80th. If you see it or find parts for sale like a used 8.8 with detroit and ARB locked stock YJ 30 PLEASE OH PLEASE Call me or message me on here 24 hrs a day.
    Jamie is the owner and his 8 year old son Jonathon is gonna be crushed when he finds out daddy's Jeep is stolen and gone. He loves the BIG bear Jeep Jamboree and there will be non of this without it! I will get pictures and license soon. there may be a child booster in the seat if found.

REWARD WILL BE OFFERED FOR INFORMATION leading to the recovery of this Jeep or the capture of the thieves who stole Jamies Jeep.
    Thank You for your consideration and help to the Jeeping community. Apparently there is a Jeep theft ring for Azuza canyon area wheelers who cannot afford parts and have resorted to theft according to law enforcement and tow recovery or insurance estimating storage yards.... I hope we can recover this Jeep...... God Bless all for your help!

with vin: 1J4FY29S0RP430175

Thanks for the outpouring of support to all who posted up.
    I would say if you see it call the cops and let me know too. As soon as I get hold of Jamie I will post the pictures and id info. Again, it is a 1994 with dark tan factory hard top and it is dark blue non metallic. It has a Harbor Freight winch on the front and some round offroad lights and has a Garvin wilderness swingout tire carrier less basket and gas can mounts.

Rick
    Last edited by RangerRick; 04-29-09, 10:12 PM. Reason: Updates
    " [COLOR="DarkGreen"]Life-is-Good![/COLOR] "
    Rick W6RE

Totally sucks!! I hope you get it back quickly and all in one piece.

They should do something like the Amber Alert for stolen Jeeps....

Comment

Rick, I cross posted this is a couple sections. Please update the following links w/ pics and more info AND A PHONE NUMBER! or maybe just say, "call the cops":

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...866#post129866

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...867#post129867

http://www.jeepbbs.net/forums/showth...931#post119931
      [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
      SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
      Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

That sucks. I'll keep my eyes open for you.
        Check out .

Comment

Rick,

Sorry to hear that. We'll keep an eye out at the usual spots and will spread the word.

Mitch

Comment

This totally sucks, I'll keep an eye out. God I hate theives. Why can't they just be shot on site?
            SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
            MJR moderator
            MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
            Jeep Patrol Leader
            Reforestation Supervisor
            Licensed Ham - n6ujm
            Eagle Scout

Comment

Thanks again for the kind words, The worst part is I know Jamies boy will be devastated by the theft because it's his very favorite thing to go wheeling with his dad. Jamie is driving his other son's 91 YJ but it's bone stock and doesn't have any mods unlike the 35" tire lifted theft Jeep. I will post pictures of the Jeep when I get them. My # 310-567-7724 if you notice anything for sale that looks like it came from this Jeep. The tub had peeling paint on the hood but was straight and the top was dark tan. It had small scroll or tribal band like stickers above the rear wheel well openings that I think his son put on. They were orange or red if I recall unless faded.

Oh and thanks again Chris for putting it up on other boards. More eyes on the classifieds and swap boards the better....
              Last edited by RangerRick; 04-28-09, 06:42 PM.
              Rick W6RE

Comment

I updated the VIN still waiting for pictures from Jamie.
                Rick W6RE

Comment

Thefted Jeep was RECOVERED!

Hello everyone following this story, I have an update of good news for once!

Jamies Jeep was recovered a couple of weeks ago and when he picked it up from the tow yard the Jeep was in fairly good condition considering it was abandoned in Down Town Los Angeles. Thieves stole the typical stuff like all the recovery gear, Hi-Lift Jack, portable air compressor, small tool bag, stereo, speakers, CB and busted up his Tuffy console with a crowbar to get the iPod and stuff in it. They also stole the Staun tyre deflators and air gage but they didn't mess with the ARB air compressor under the hood and they didn't steal any of the suspension or axle parts. The thieves didn't take his custom license plate BigDawg, In fact they didn't even take the $2200 worth of new wheels and 35" MTR tires the Jeep was riding around on so id say Jamie lucked out!

Thanks again for all who cared about this and followed this story. We are thankful for the support.

BTW, it was an old lady who called it in to LAPD about the "abandoned" Jeep Wrangler with everything wide open in front of her house for several days. That got the tow truck over to get it and impound it before the midnight auto supply boys found it and parted it out or something. The steering column and key lock were destroyed and the electronics are gone but all that is replaceable easy enough. The high dollar ARB lockers and axles and all the body armor including the Garvin industries tire carrier system were all still there and the motor was not abused because it still runs and shifts great.

File this under "Very Lucky to get it back"
                  Rick W6RE

Comment

Awesome! Glad to hear the good news!
                    "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

glad they found it.
                      Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

And my wife laughs when I put the "club" on the Jeep!

Comment

[COLOR="Sienna"]Just saying....there need's to be a YJ version.

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...41&postcount=1[/COLOR]
                          [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                          Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Great news! Lucky lucky person! Thanks for updating us, it's always so disheartening hearing all of the stories about stolen jeeps, it's good when one has a (mostly) good ending!
                            If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Awesome stuff!! Really glad to hear ya,ll got your jeep back, even though the BASTARDS abused it some it could have been gone forever..Thanks for the update...
                              "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Working...
                              X