Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• re-introducing myself

Howdy everybody...I'm sure no one has really missed me, but I'm back again...for anyone that cares...

Between a new job last fall, moving to a new place last winter, and a constantly broken jeep taking up weekend after weekend of diagnostic and repair, I basically had disappeared.

Won't be out on the trails anytime soon until the jeep is back running strong, but I may be back on here at least prodding for repair advice, tools, or help in the meantime.

Hope all is well at the MJR post.
    03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Welcome back then. I have gotten tons of diagnostic help here on MJR. Anyone fixing a Jeep (i.e. anyone who owns a jeep) should be attentive to this forum.
    Those left standing
    Will make millions
    Writing books on ways
    It should have been
    -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

When I saw it was you posting the first thing that came to mind was Calico. Then I saw your avatar "downhill descent master" and LMAO. Welcome back.
      Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by maddmike View Post
        Howdy everybody...I'm sure no one has really missed me, but I'm back again...for anyone that cares. Hope all is well at the MJR post.
        Ah come on Mike don't be so hard on yourself. We wondered where ya went. Besides, you can still drive to an event and ride with me on a trail in the passenger seat and I am sure others that remember you would do the same....Matt
        PS. Hey, how did you like that CD I made you?
        "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

Hey Mike! Welcome back!
          [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
          Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
          [/COLOR]

Comment

Thanks for the welcome back...here's a more detailed description of the Jeep issues amidst the other life events:

a case of Death Wobble last spring caused a domino effect of basically:

1. ruined all front control arm bushings, more DW after track bar tightened
            2. threw front brake rotors out of plane
            3. ruined most steering joints

During the process of repair, we have the following:

1. new tires
            2. Currie Johnny Joint froze during the summer
            3. frozen Johnny Joint causes steering problems and ruins more control arm bushings
            4. self-rebuild on Johnny Joint loosens joint so now the axle moves all over the place
            5. probably ruined the rest of my steering joints
            6. wrist sprained for 1 month

Jeep awaiting second re-build of Johnny Joint, more steering joints, and possibly a third set of control arm bushings. Can't go over 50 mph without feeling like I am about to die.

It's been a heck of a year with the jeep. I should stop trying to play mechanic....apparently it's not really my forte...
            Last edited by maddmike; 04-12-09, 01:21 PM.
            03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

[COLOR="Sienna"]Dude,

You need a rabbits foot, or stop walking under ladders or something!

I really hope your luck turns around...or at least just stops.[/COLOR]
              [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
              Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Mike, I wondered what happened to you, and now I know. Welcome back!! Get that Jeep fixed so we can see you on the trails again, soon.
                If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
                KI6MLU

Comment

Working...
                X