Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to introduce myself!

I signed up a while ago, but haven't posted.

About a week ago, I was hanging out with the SoCal Scramblers in Johnson Valley and met some of your members in person. Very cool people!

My Jeep currently rocks as a completely stock 1981 CJ-8 Scrambler.

It had a 4 banger in it, which I blew up and I just put a stock 258 6 cylinder in it.

Many years ago, I had a '78 CJ-7 many years ago and had to sell it to buy a 4-door sedan for work. I spent a lot of time wheeling in that one and the CJ-8 is my re-entry into the off road world.

Even though I spent a lot of time off road a long time ago, consider me an absolute newby. I'm planning to rebuild my knowledge and skill from scratch.

I look forward to meeting you all. First, I've got to get my carburator problems solved. I see an MPI in my future, but for now I need to get it to stop stalling whenever I come to an idle.

Rock on!

Christian

P.S. I also scuba dive a lot, so if there are any scuba divers out there who might want to combine wheeling with scuba, let me know. I think that there may be some cool cities out there to explore under water from being abandoned before a dam was built to create a lake.
    "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Welcome aboard Headhunter! CJ's rule! I don't have a snorkle on my Jeep so I can't take it scuba diving with you!
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Comment

I dunno how you crazy guys go wheeling and scuba diving.

You on brawlers board?

Sup man. Welcome.
      Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Originally posted by Tomb Raider 940 View Post
        I dunno how you crazy guys go wheeling and scuba diving.

You on brawlers board?

Sup man. Welcome.
        With a name like Tomb Raider 940, I'd think you'd be parachuting into a jungle to your Jeep, wheeling the Jeep to a Mayan Temple, finding a Cenote and scuba diving deep into an underwater cave to find a long lost treasure. Of course, you'd be wielding your machete most of the time.

I don't think I know brawler's board.

Christian
        "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
          Welcome aboard Headhunter! CJ's rule! I don't have a snorkle on my Jeep so I can't take it scuba diving with you!

I've actually thought about putting a snorkel on the Jeep for some river crossings on NorCal trails!

I'll have to figure out how to keep my wiring dry too. A couple of weeks ago, I got everything wet and had to use a leaf blower to dry everything out, so that I could start it again. Bummer!

Christian

Comment

Welcome to MJR.Saw a CJ8 up in Big Bear today with a full hard top.Allways liked those big Scramblers.
            Last edited by GP4Play; 04-05-09, 03:54 PM.
            Dennis and Tammy
            Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Originally posted by GP4Play View Post
              Welcome to MJR.Saw a CJ8 up in Big Bear today with a full hard top.Allways liked those big Scramblers.
              When I had a CJ-7, I was always complaining that I just needed a little more room. I either wanted to carry a few more things for camping, skiing and scuba or would have simply liked to be able to sleep in the back of it.

Now I can carry what I want and with the passenger seat folded forward, I can comfortably sleep in the back.

It rocks!

Christian

Comment

Welcome Aboard Christian! I've always loved the Scramblers. I've seen some cool wheelin' done with that model. I look forward to meeting you on the trail.
                [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                [/COLOR]

Comment

Alright, another CJ. I was starting to get worried that the XJ's were taking over.

Welcome.
                  Check out .

Comment

Welcome to MJR Christain, hope to see you on the trail soon!!

Comment

Originally posted by headhunter View Post
                      With a name like Tomb Raider 940, I'd think you'd be parachuting into a jungle to your Jeep, wheeling the Jeep to a Mayan Temple, finding a Cenote and scuba diving deep into an underwater cave to find a long lost treasure. Of course, you'd be wielding your machete most of the time.

I don't think I know brawler's board.

Christian
                      lol. That Lara Croft girl does that. I just drive for her.

good one though.
                      Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Working...
                      X