Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mar 6 & 7 Boone Rd Johnson Valley

I'm going to be out at the HBMC motorcycle race Mar 6 & 7 to play a lot and help a little. That is Friday and Saturday only as I need to head home Sunday morning. Sunday is my wife's 65 birthday and I've been asked to be in attendance! Here is the link to the D37 flyer if anybody is interested in coming out. If you've never been to a desert race it is a great excuse to do some easy Jeeping.

http://www.district37ama.org/offroad...h09/09hbmc.jpg

Here is my CJ5 at the Save Johnson Valley get together.

I trailer my Jeep behind my old Winnebago. If anybody is interested in coming out go to my website www.greggturk.com for contact info or PM me and I'll send you more info.
    Gregg Turk
    West Oak Hills
    greggturk.com
    95 Jeep Cherokee, 69 Jeep CJ5

I put this in the wrong place, it should have been in trail rides. But I don't know how to move it. Sorry, I'll do better next time and if a moderator see's this please move it to the right place.
    Gregg
    Gregg Turk
    West Oak Hills
    greggturk.com

Comment

Gregg,

Thats the way to do it. They will move it to the correct spot for you.

Mitch

Comment

Thanks Mitch, I think I was told you live near me. I'm in Oak Hills on the West side up the hill behind the SHED WORLD. I'm really looking forward to getting to know the folks at MJR. I work most weekends though and that really hurts my ability to connect, but I'm working at it!
        Gregg Turk
        West Oak Hills
        greggturk.com

Comment

Gregg, You need to get on Mitch's work schedule. No wait, you are probably a responsible person.
          SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
          MJR moderator
          MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
          Jeep Patrol Leader
          Reforestation Supervisor
          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
          Eagle Scout

Comment

Me, not responsible? I just walked in the door from Cleghorn with 5 other rigs. There are others that go out during the middle of the week too. Roger, your Jeep might just be tired from sitting too much. Today was 4 runs in 4 days and my Jeep is very Happy! Use it or lose it.

Gregg,

I'm right off Main and Maple in Hesperia. We will hook up soon.

Mitch

Mitch

Comment

Thanks Mitch, I usually take Mon, Tues, Weds off; work all day Thursday and then 1 to 5 Fri, Sat, Sun.
              This week I'm only working Thursday and then heading out to the Hammers Fri and Sat to help with a motorcycle race. I'll look forward to connecting. My rock rails just came today WAHOO!
              Gregg Turk
              West Oak Hills
              greggturk.com

Comment

[COLOR="Sienna"]I try not to be a troublemaker. But I'm thinking of coming out to get in the way like the genius did at KOH race. Mr. "I organize motorcycle events out here all the time." Needs to learn what "get off the course" means.

That being said, I'll be up in BB planting trees this weekend.[/COLOR]
                [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Looks like a cool event. I miss riding my bike.
                  Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
                    [COLOR="Sienna"]I try not to be a troublemaker. But I'm thinking of coming out to get in the way like the genius did at KOH race. Mr. "I organize motorcycle events out here all the time." Needs to learn what "get off the course" means.

That being said, I'll be up in BB planting trees this weekend.[/COLOR]
                    I have no idea what this means as this area of Johnson Valley is an Open Competition riding area. Getting off the trail is OK.
                    Gregg Turk
                    West Oak Hills
                    greggturk.com

Comment

Originally posted by tgregg View Post
                      I have no idea what this means as this area of Johnson Valley is an Open Competition riding area. Getting off the trail is OK.
                      [COLOR="Sienna"]Backstory: Some guy had his kids out on the KOH race course on motorcycles. When told that there are racers coming at a high rate of speed... he didn't understand it would be in his, and his children's, best interest to get out of the way. I understand it's open public land and he was completely within his rights to tell anyone to piss-off. It just wasn't very smart.[/COLOR]

Comment

OK I get it. In my racing days a frequent hazard was play riders crossing or going backwards on marked race courses. One of the members of my club from Apple Valley was very seriously injured in a head on. I've been known to physically move a kid off the course and throw a plug wire end out into the bushes.
                        My buddy with HBMC said it looked like 25K out on the dry lake last weekend. It sounds like it was quite a big deal, anyone know if they taped it for TV?
                        Gregg Turk
                        West Oak Hills
                        greggturk.com

Comment

Originally posted by tgregg View Post
                          OK I get it. In my racing days a frequent hazard was play riders crossing or going backwards on marked race courses. One of the members of my club from Apple Valley was very seriously injured in a head on. I've been known to physically move a kid off the course and throw a plug wire end out into the bushes.
                          My buddy with HBMC said it looked like 25K out on the dry lake last weekend. It sounds like it was quite a big deal, anyone know if they taped it for TV?
                          [COLOR="Sienna"]Helicopter was making video, I think they did some kind of webcast on Pirate also...[/COLOR]

Comment

I believe there is going to be something on extreme 4x4 slot.
                            Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Working...
                            X