Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry my other job called Where did he get the tube fenders?Did he make or buy the coner gaurds? I have only been able to find the long 1's,also what do'es he think of the Rock Hard roll bar?OK,thats all

Thanks
    Dennis
    Dennis and Tammy
    Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Greg, give me a call sometime and I can give you the "low down" on TnT.
      You may want to consider another source for front tube fenders.
      It's a Jeep thing...and I don't get it!

Comment

Tube fenders were poison spyder, pretty easy to install once we threw away the template and instructions, we ended up welding the tube fender to the "cut" old fender. Now that PSC is no longer, there are some comparable alternatives, sniperfab, bluetorchfab, and jeeptubes comes to mind.

Corners were on the jeep when he purchased it many years ago, however here is a set on craigslist:

http://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/pts/1014011552.html

And a some for sale at morris4x4:

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/warrior...orners-cj7.htm

He is happy with the rockhard roll bar, as are a few of my other friends who have them, the one exception is our friend with a LJ and the rear angle bars. Both of his seats (mastercraft) are now torn where they rubbed on one of the clamps.

Also, here is are a few pictures of Todd's CJ put back together and in action:

Comment

Thanks Sean for the good advice as usual, the more I thought about it, the more I decided that the tnt's were not for me anyway. I am leaning towards a set of jeeptubes, and then fab my own inner fenders.

Comment

Moochus Grass Greg.For the info and the pics,Looks like the bumpers are like what you built.Thats going to be my first welding tutorial, never Mig weld, just stick and gas.

Thanks
            Dennis
            Dennis and Tammy
            Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Dennis, I started out way back when as a stick man, you will have no problem as the learning curve is minimal. Speaking of which, Sean, have you put that welder to work yet?

Comment

Originally posted by -Greg- View Post
                Dennis, I started out way back when as a stick man, you will have no problem as the learning curve is minimal. Speaking of which, Sean, have you put that welder to work yet?
                Burned a few pieces of scrap just too see how it "feels"... smoooooth!
                I pulled that old wire out and I am going to get a new spool of .035 before starting any real projects. Speaking of wire, do you use E70S-6 (11# spool) for that welder to do general fab stuff with mild steel and DOM?
                It's a Jeep thing...and I don't get it!

Comment

I just went down and looked what was on our spool, the label is not legible. However a quick seach with that number looked good.

Comment

Working...
                  X